+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Dorking Wanderers 11.03.23 [NL]

I don't think either of the goals relied on luck but playing the percentages, and as someone who regularly posts gambling advice I thought you might have appreciated that. First goal Nemane gets into the area puts a really dangerous cross into the six yard box which the goalkeeper has to parry and the rebound lands at the feet of our goal poacher, no luck but part of the game plan. Similarly with the second goal, Notts employ a high press, which is what Austin did, took the ball off the opposition player putting them in trouble and leading to the goal. This is part of the game plan, does have it's dangers though and can leave you open to the counter attack, which has cost us a few goals this season. However judging by the goals for and against figures it seems that this system is working rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    The crowd were loud when we scored our goals. Well I never.

There was some nice build-up play throughout but the first two goals both relied upon a bit of luck and the second on a bit of a mistake
    Where was the luck in the second goal?

[goals thread merged into match thread]

Last time there was a 46 game season in National League we'd already have got enough points to win the title.

How many ST holders would you guess aren't in attendance on a home game as an average over a season?
    As this discussion has come up before, for non-TV Saturday 3pm games, it must be significant - factoring in general tickets and freebies.

I'd guess there's a lot of child tickets not used for night matches. Hence the consistently crazy high gates for night matches that we've not seen in decades.

On this forum, posters from abroad or living away from Nottingham have said they've bought season tickets to help the club and there's always people away for whatever reason, or only go to half the games or whatever.

Going by the big increase from Ardley to Burch 5210 to 6800, despite the frustrations with the latter's lack of attacking intent, I don't think we have the increase in support we've been led to believe. That post lockdown bulge always looked very suspicious to me. We're probably talking 500 to as much as 1,500 invisible fans.

There may have been frustrations (to some) under Burchnall but the perceived lack of attacking intent didn't really show in the stats. I'm no statistical expert but we won more, loss less, and scored more goals under IB then NA. Easily to argue we were more attacking under IB especially at home, well that's what the stats strongly suggest.

Plus I'm sure there were similar frustrations in the fanbase under Ardley.

Like you I'm guessing , but my guess would be an average of no more than 400-500.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Where was the luck in the second goal?
    Apologies, I meant the first goal. The defender was unlucky that the ball deflected off him and straight to the league's top goalscorer. Yes we create the mayhem with Nemane cross (playing the percentages) but definitely a slice of luck taking the ball back goalwards and an easy finish.

The second was an obvious mistake from the Dorking player as identified by their boss and shown on the highlights.

The third was lovely, delightful little perfectly weighted from Ruben and a good finish from El Palmer

Apologies, I meant the first goal. The defender was unlucky that the ball deflected off him and straight to the league's top goalscorer. Yes we create the mayhem with Nemane cross (playing the percentages) but definitely a slice of luck taking the ball back goalwards and an easy finish.

The second was an obvious mistake from the Dorking player as identified by their boss and shown on the highlights.

The third was lovely, delightful little perfectly weighted from Ruben and a good finish from El Palmer
    You put the ball in the box enough the percentages say that chances are going to come and this is the one area that Wrexham’s style is better than ours but even though we put the ball in the opposing box less we create better chances plus we have the best finisher in the league.
    TBH I was glad to see Nemane drill that cross in and that’s what I’ll to see JJ do more,also Sam Austin is probably the best crosser of a ball in the squad created so many important goals starting with Macca’s 2nd goal at home to Chesterfield in August

Totally agree PnR.

This season we have put the ball into the box from wide areas, with plenty of cutbacks from close range countless times. One of the main reasons we score so many goals.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast