+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Clarets v City - Quarter-Finals FA Cup - Match Preview.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not necessarily mon ami, there's an elite in the PL, we won't be able to live with them no matter what, but look at the PL now, it's split almost in half, nine clubs well and truly detached and in a relegation battle, clubs like Bournemouth, and we saw them off without breaking sweat. Sean kept us out of the bottom three comfortably enough until the Board starved him of funds for their own nefarious purposes. We won't be playing City every week, I have no doubt Vinni can do the same.
    I'm not sure what bits of the interactional "love-fest" you saw on TV sinkov, but it left me feeling a lot like you can take Vincent Kompany out of the Etihad, but you can’t take Manchester City out of Vincent Kompany. In a strange sort of way yesterday I found out how a husband must feel when he realizes his wife really is in love with someone else. His heart does not lie with Burnley Football Club in the way it did with SD.

One bright note from yesterday mon ami, that Michael Obafemi chap can seriously play football and no mistake. Big heart in a little frame IMHO.

So VK is City through and through. It's not really news mon ami, we all know where he's going to end up. In the meantime he's proving to be an exceptional manager for BFC. All we can do is ride the wave with him and see where it takes us.

So VK is City through and through. It's not really news mon ami, we all know where he's going to end up. In the meantime he's proving to be an exceptional manager for BFC. All we can do is ride the wave with him and see where it takes us.
    Big word with only 7 letters is loyalty mon ami. I will look forward with great interest to see the reaction after this whupping. My inbox is almost full from the dark side at Deadwood.

I hope they squeeze past the Blades and get City in the semis.

Man City should be disqualified for not wearing the 'FA Cup' patch on the sleeves of their match shirts....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Big word with only 7 letters is loyalty mon ami. I will look forward with great interest to see the reaction after this whupping. My inbox is almost full from the dark side at Deadwood.

I hope they squeeze past the Blades and get City in the semis.
    Not me, I would like the Blades to win 1-0 by a hotly disputed 95th minute penalty, which is smacked against the crossbar and rebounds into the net off the back of their keeper's head.

Not me, I would like the Blades to win 1-0 by a hotly disputed 95th minute penalty, which is smacked against the crossbar and rebounds into the net off the back of their keeper's head.
    Lol! At present the b@stards are winning 2-1 in a full bloodied encounter.

Lol! At present the b@stards are winning 2-1 in a full bloodied encounter.
    Lost 3-2. Should help with clearing that inbox BT.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Lost 3-2. Should help with clearing that inbox BT.
    All gone quiet on the Deadwood front Sir Outwood, at least it saved them the inevitable whupping.

I'm just calming down a bit now Norder. Horrible experience all round, City "Security" treat you like you are $hit with full blown airport status pat downs and contempt from their overblown fans. What really pi$$ed me off was the realisation that you can take Kompany out of the Etihad but you can't take the City out of Kompany. We really need to wise up or next season will be a bloodbath.

a nightmare of a day - BT...and "security pat downs" to watch a footy game !.....to hell with that.

as for Knutpany - he who made his name as a defender, yet directs his team to play into the hands of the opposition attack, was a recipe for disaster that fed the inbalance,....but against Man City, may as well have stuck "Enter Here" signs all over a cheesecloth wall.

....the Game today, is no different from any business/big corp that has the Power to buy/breed influence... to gain the advantage and manipulate events, I think, it's tentacles have spread a lot further than folk imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

a nightmare of a day - BT...and "security pat downs" to watch a footy game !.....to hell with that.

as for Knutpany - he who made his name as a defender, yet directs his team to play into the hands of the opposition attack, was a recipe for disaster that fed the inbalance,....but against Man City, may as well have stuck "Enter Here" signs all over a cheesecloth wall.

....the Game today, is no different from any business/big corp that has the Power to buy/breed influence... to gain the advantage and manipulate events, I think, it's tentacles have spread a lot further than folk imagine.

This might sound totally daft Norder but Foster hit about 10 understrength passes during his 45 minutes on the pitch, he could have scored with a direct lob but instead feinted a pass to Zaroury. Everyone around me was totally gobsmacked. I have no possible explanation why he started and why we even bought him.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)