+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Scυnthorpe Utd. 25.03.23 [NL]

Just on way home from the game that could be my last game this season due to having Achilles tendon transfer operation soon and I’ve got to say that was absolute magic.
    Not absolute word to describe Reuben in the first half was unplayable

Perfect display, what can you say. Did Scunny even muster a shot on goal?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Did Scunny even muster a shot on goal?
    The only thing Mair had to do was boot Rawlo in the arse

Well done County. You really are relentless fair do's...

We weren't brilliant today tbh, but nobody will be at this stage of the season. It's gonna be all about grinding out results from here on in. We will slip up, I'm pretty sure at some point, but it's whether or not you capaitalise on it on that day.

I don't think I've EVER rooted for another team, but 'IF' we get top spot at the end of the season...(and I really mean 'if') I will definitely be rooting for County in the PO's. It would be criminal if we don't both go up this year...

(Reading this back, that sounds like it's a done-deal, and we will go on to win it. Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that, it most deffo isn't a done-deal. It's going down to the wire.)

I've enjoyed reading this forum from our opponent's viewpoint over this season, we really all want the same thing for our clubs at the end of the day.

Good luck, and may we hopefully see each other in the same league next season.

Would be a travesty if we did not both go up.

That was the most one-sided game I've seen in many, many years. Scunny offered absolutely nothing in attack, I think a long throw was the only time they got in our box and I think their Xg score will be as close to zero as you can get. Every Notts player did well, we looked several levels above them. Pity Macca couldn't have got to 40, but this was way easier than I expected it to be.

LW: "Hopefully that will help everyone feel relaxed and that what we have in the building is brilliant and we need now to concentrate on the remaining games"

Yet another outstanding performance.

I keep reminding myself not to take this for granted, thinking back to the way we played (or didn't play) under managers like Steve Thompson and Gudjon Thordarson a league higher than this. Luke Williams really has got us playing 'Manchester City-esque' football and the extent to which we dominate the ball and the number of chances we create is remarkable.

It's always a sign of a very good team when you can switch players in and out of the side and the quality continues. Yes, players can go in and out of form to a degree, but there's not a player in our squad who isn't capable of slotting in and doing a job. I thought some of Bajrami's passing to start moves today was outstanding.

Great performance, thought JOB was brilliant today, back to his best.

Great stuff from us today, double figures would have been a fair reflection.

Just heard one of their players give a particularly downhearted interview. ‘Couldn’t get near em, we were lucky it were only 4’.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast