+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading: Why the points deduction delay?

Reading: Why the points deduction delay?

There was a statement from Paul Ince that he expected an announcement from the EFL of a 6 point deduction.As far as I know this penalty was held back from last season but they have since broken the same rules again this season.So is the delay about whether it is 6 points or 12 points? We had a similar case regarding SWFC given a 12 point penalty,they then appealed and it was reduced to 6.We have no idea how the EFL arrive at these decisions and more to a point who the hell is on this board.They never seem to give the true supporters any faith in what they do.TS,along with other chairmen should demand an immediate points deduction for these clubs such as Reading.

Waiting to see if they’ll be safe from the drop wouldn’t surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Waiting to see if they’ll be safe from the drop wouldn’t surprise me
    MT, About right that. See when they are safe then do it. As for continuity, if they can take -12 off Weds then why not Reading? If they too want to fight it out in court, (can they afford it) crack on I say but get this sorted and promptly.

It's farcical how the EFL have allowed this to drag on like this, it's totally unprofessional. The cheating has been proven (again) so, why the delay?