+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings Coronation

Kings Coronation

With the cost of living crisis - food rocketing and £67 per month from the government stopped towards energy support - I am amazed this Coronation is still going ahead!

A complete and utter p iss take for those who are struggling seeing gold chariots and diamonds! What about the self employed of which many won’t get paid for this day off!!

For me this is in bad taste for a big earred Oaf flanked by ginger who sold his family down the river and a child molester!

Meanwhile many continue struggling to buy food or heat their houses whilst this fiasco is shoved in their faces!

I won't be watching it .

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I won't be watching it .
    I also will not be watching King cnut's coronation although i am not anti royal

Like most things today this is blown out of all proportion do you really think people are worse off today than the last time we had a coronation?
    did people moan then, in 1953 we were still rationing certain foods no obesity crisis in those days!

Obviously I'm in the minority on this forum because I do enjoy the pomp and ceremony of royal occasions. I feel very proud when the foreign visitors to this country are envious of our monarchy. Does the cost of the pomp stack up against the tourist revenue that it generates, I'm not sure. By the way, I've made a note of all your names and you will have a room reserved at the Tower in May!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Obviously I'm in the minority on this forum because I do enjoy the pomp and ceremony of royal occasions. I feel very proud when the foreign visitors to this country are envious of our monarchy. Does the cost of the pomp stack up against the tourist revenue that it generates, I'm not sure. By the way, I've made a note of all your names and you will have a room reserved at the Tower in May!

Is James Hewitt invited to the tower and the girl guides?

I'll be watching it along with Tipp! Whilst I firmly believe in a far more stripped down monarchy, I do like the fact that we still have a constitutional monarchy with all the history and pageantry that goes with it. Don't go in for all the jingoistic stuff but it's an historic occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I'll be watching it along with Tipp! Whilst I firmly believe in a far more stripped down monarchy, I do like the fact that we still have a constitutional monarchy with all the history and pageantry that goes with it. Don't go in for all the jingoistic stuff but it's an historic occasion.

That’s my point! Those struggling to make ends meet with food and energy costs won’t give two f ucks about an historic occasion!

Same with Ukraine - the have nots or those really struggling are starting to be more concerned with their immediate selves and families than Russian aggression. I get that!

If you have no financial worries then yes all the pomp and diamond tiaras are worth watching and you continue to condemn Russia!

Personally I have little time for the Royal family with the greed within, a young chap who sold his family down the river and all the appalling stuff about trafficked young girls. If I wanted to watch a soap - I would rather watch Eastenders!

Everyone to their own though. I did love the
    Queen though but others not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    That’s my point! Those struggling to make ends meet with food and energy costs won’t give two f ucks about an historic occasion!

Same with Ukraine - the have nots or those really struggling are starting to be more concerned with their immediate selves and families than Russian aggression. I get that!

If you have no financial worries then yes all the pomp and diamond tiaras are worth watching and you continue to condemn Russia!

Personally I have little time for the Royal family with the greed within, a young chap who sold his family down the river and all the appalling stuff about trafficked young girls. If I wanted to watch a soap - I would rather watch Eastenders!

Everyone to their own though. I did love the
    Queen though but others not for me!
    I take your point Al, and I'm certainly not without my own financial worries but I'm still going to watch it as I like all this historical stuff. Having read "And what do you do?" by Norman Baker I am under no illusions about the questionable finances of the institution nor the more unsavoury behaviour of some of its members but I look around and see a country given with inequalities. There are still plenty of rich people besides some of those in the monarchy who also demonstrate an "I'm alright Jack" attitude (and I don't just mean Sunak!&#128512

The level of taxpayer's money that goes towards funding the monarchy is definitely wrong and needs addressing but it isn't the only thing that needs looking at to try and create a fairer society.

"Given"?? Should read "riven"! I really do hate predictive text. If I was tech savvy I'd be able to figure out how to turn the bloody thing off !😀

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)