+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers (2012) v Aberdeen

Only in Scottish football could that not be at least a foul (the Duk-Gouldson one)

Boooooooooo!!

We're letting this get a bit too far away from us now.

Squandered some fantastic chances in that game. Should have got something from it.

Played very well indeed.
    I’m impressed

We didn’t get our penalty I predicted

Thought we were very wasteful today. Had a few great chances and were woefully short with them. Sat off Rangers as well. Not impressed in the least by today’s showing.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We didn’t get our penalty I predicted

Thought we were very wasteful today. Had a few great chances and were woefully short with them. Sat off Rangers as well. Not impressed in the least by today’s showing.
    You rarely are. But we did miss a couple of great opportunities. I can forgive Duk a missed sitter given the shift he has put in.

We got what I expected. It's sh*t and we're still (unfortunately) a way off changing these results on a regular basis. No fancy named manager would wave a magic wand and have us winning in Glasgow 3 or 4 times a season. But if you had said to me in January we would have a 5 point cushion over 4th place, I would have laughed my a*se off.

Home win and draw enough? Obviously we will get at the 2 home wins, but just wondering about potential permutations if we have an off day.

Looking forward to the Robson Revolution of next season!

As soon as I saw John Beaton was the ref I knew there was no chance we were getting anything other than a defeat.

It’s 12 v 11 straight from the kickoff.

Duk had two great chances - good save McCrorie first one, second one he should have gone low as McRorie was standing up. Duk or Miovski squandered a third good chance when BOTH in for one on one with Keeper. Could easily have had a draw at least. Duk won’t be here long as he’s a very good player and will end up being extremely good - the English Premiership is a possibility, I believe. He’s got tremendous pace, good balance, is strong as an ox, has great determination, works hard and can (generally) score goals too. Similar style to how Mark McGee played in his pomp but better.

Interesting headline on BBC
    "Rangers' Cantwell dents Aberdeen's European push"

As far as I can see, we're in a fractionally better position than yesterday. Same points advantage, with fewer games to play, and one of the cheeks out the way!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast