+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Agree with you Durham, 3 months into the season he'll turn 36 - this is not the kind of signing I'm looking for at all.

We know enough about the characters of Maca and Cedwyn now to know that they don't need mentoring by anyone. They're not young apprentices, they're 26 and 24, very confident and ambitious winners and we should be letting them have their heads. Another youngish prospect or two to understudy them is what we should be spending the budget on
    I agree with the sentiment of letting Macca and Scott free. However, they have no experience at EFL level regardless of their ages. EFL defenders aren’t going to give them the space and time that they got in the NL. For me having an older head to guide them isn’t a negative or to undermine either of their ability’s. Quite the opposite.
    Look back at the Play Off final. Who was our stand out player? It’s wasn’t any of the young guns but a man with an abundance of experience who drove Notts forward when most of our players struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Same here, had no idea until he said "promoted"!

Also watching a vlog of the game from Chesterfield side and during the penalties, two members of the Notts backroom staff want firing, or at least fining for their reaction to the Bostock's failed panenla attempt! Shocking from anyone associated with football.
    Interesting, do you have a link….unusual for poor behaviour nowadays from Notts staff I imagine. I do remember an old goalkeeping coach making noises during that penalty shootout loss against Hornchurch(?) in IB’s first game in charge though….how embarrassing was that *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree with the sentiment of letting Macca and Scott free. However, they have no experience at EFL level regardless of their ages. EFL defenders aren’t going to give them the space and time that they got in the NL. For me having an older head to guide them isn’t a negative or to undermine either of their ability’s. Quite the opposite.
    Look back at the Play Off final. Who was our stand out player? It’s wasn’t any of the young guns but a man with an abundance of experience who drove Notts forward when most of our players struggled.
    I just think it's completely unnecessary and not the right way to recruit or build a squad. The pair did fantastically well stepping up a division last year and I've every confidence they'll do the same again. Between them they have 115 goals in 2 seasons so let the EFL defenders worry about them, not the other way around. And let them be two of the leaders of the squad, hopefully a young squad.

We had plenty of old heads the last time we were in L2 and look where it took us.

Maybe he wants to play for F-Word too, he spent 4 years there, so maybe he supports them more than us
    Nah, once a Pie, alus a Pie............ *3.00 mins onwards*

Do we really need start digging up sh*t before the start of the new season!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nah, once a Pie, alus a Pie............ *3.00 mins onwards*

Jesus, 36?! He’s had a tough paper round!

Strange sort of Pie between 2009 and 2013...

I never enjoy having anyone with F-connections at our club. Only a few exceptions, Justin Fashanu, 'cos it ended acrimoniously over there so we took him away from them. But that's not the main reason I'm not keen - I want to see us recruit as many Macas and Cedwyns as we can

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Jesus, 36?! He’s had a tough paper round!
    Tough paper round, TOUGH PAPER ROUND!!!

Tha don't know tha's born. I ed to be up a t'crack of dawn to cycle 26 miles on a bike wi 2 flat tyres just t'get to paper shop...................

E'eeeee it wor grand tho......

Strange sort of Pie between 2009 and 2013...

I never enjoy having anyone with F-connections at our club. Only a few exceptions, Justin Fashanu, 'cos it ended acrimoniously over there so we took him away from them. But that's not the main reason I'm not keen - I want to see us recruit as many Macas and Cedwyns as we can
    I strongly dislike F*rest and want them to fail , have done for a long time and always will. However even I wont go that far. I'm sure ACs tongue is in his cheek somewhat with those comments about McG and knows when things turn professional and it's about your career , things change and quickly.

If the recruitment team don't want a player, don't think he's a good fit for the squad, system etc then I'm confident they won't sign them. At this stage all this is just rumour and amateurs having fun discussing the pros and cons. It's what this part of the year is far.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Tough paper round, TOUGH PAPER ROUND!!!

Tha don't know tha's born. I ed to be up a t'crack of dawn to cycle 26 miles on a bike wi 2 flat tyres just t'get to paper shop...................

E'eeeee it wor grand tho......
    Alf Tupper would have laughed at a life that easy! Alf would work a 16 hour night shift at the foundry, have fish and chips for breakfast and grab an hours sleep before beating the posh boys on the track.

He was probably one of the reasons I chose Notts, a lifelong love for the underdog.

Page 63 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast