Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
Simms is the lad.
I am not overly keen either but I am not entirely sure ennis is either.
Hey I don't want to chuck the lad under a bus before a ball has been kicked but we really do need a decent forward through the door.
I like Gallagher but you will get 20 games out of him and probably 10 goals maximum.
We need more and JDT recognises that in his latest rally cry.
I agree mate, Ennis may well just be a squad player than a regular starter. I believe he is direct competition for Dolan. Hey we never know, he may improve Dolan. Competition for places is always a good thing, it can push both players to improve. At times in the 2nd half of the season I felt Dolan has stagnated. other times he was our matchwinner. I think Ennis has the potential to be slightly better and more consistent.
Agree about Gally. He gives the side a huge amount, but if we are relying on him to score us the goals, I would be concerned, as like you say he will not get us 20. But get in a decent goalscorer alongside him and Siguradsan and we have a decent looking forward line. I still maintain they will need to sell to buy, and will need to invest wisley in a striker.