+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Sharp would be a disaster of a signing

Billy Sharp would be a disaster of a signing

Please take a chance on a young and up and coming striker instead

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    He has 1 season with the defenders we have.

He has one or two seasons with the midfielders we have

Apart from Hugill he has a season with the forwards we have

We need some signings of players on a longer term basis.
    For that reason I agree.

I rarely agree with you on anything.

I don't think he would work here. To me he has been in a very creative talented team and not scored much over the past year. 16 in 77 isn't a great record.

We don't have the strength of depth or creative talent that United did. I therefore can't see him doing better with us.

Hell be on a decent wage and we already have a striker who refuses to score in Eaves.

Hugill, Kelly and Sharp? Sure, if Mr Eaves is shown the door. There's a real lack of a "Washington" type player there.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Totally agree. He's a blade anyway his heart wouldn't be in being here.

An up and coming striker like George Hirst who got slated while he was here while learning his trade LOL . I think Billy Sharp would be a good signing and would do us a short term job if he and Hugill can form a decent partnership . UTM

Young players like Yates?

Sharp might not be a forward thinking signing in terms of developing him but, combined with a youngster - someone they can teach a trade to might not be too bad.

Look how players move from being scorer to provider because they have the knowledge to unlock a defence with a good pass or touch and can help others step up with good runs off the shoulder etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
    Young players like Yates?

Sharp might not be a forward thinking signing in terms of developing him but, combined with a youngster - someone they can teach a trade to might not be too bad.

Look how players move from being scorer to provider because they have the knowledge to unlock a defence with a good pass or touch and can help others step up with good runs off the shoulder etc.
    quite

Is there only me & I T S on here think young. Abit of experience yes but Sharp his best days are well gone never a championship player now. Same in the the defence Peltier Morrison Blackett Hall could be joining them too many old players there last 3 their injury record doesn't make good reading. When we're in the autumn through the winter when you've got to slug it out will tell on those players.

If MT wants him in for a short time then so be it

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast