+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy Murray

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Murray’s problem now is that he can’t string consecutive wins together if matches are played just a day apart.

To your point Animal, this was akin to playing two matches in two days and he can’t do it anymore at the top level.

Regardless of his bravery at carrying on after a hip replacement, you can see how he moves between points, he’s as stiff and awkward as hell.

I’m 25 years older than him but I can appreciate his problem.

I still love to run but my right ankle and hip are not great and my right knee requires a steroid injection to reduce the inflammation and keep the pain at bay.

Whilst it’s working I can still run like I did in my 30’s but the next morning I’m walking like a robot because my joints are so stiff.

I think Andy should retire and just play on the seniors tour if he still loves playing so much, nothing left to prove at top level.
    Totally agree Mick , Murray's body told him he'd played two matches in two days when in reality he'd played just the one .

Tv like many sports doesn't give tennis justice , last time my wife and myself were at Wimbledon Murray played Kyrios on number one and we were fortunate to see the match .

You have to be up close to appreciate the physical demands placed on these top players , the speed they move and the power of the hitting , it's extraordinary .

Four and even five hours of this attrition is unbelievable and then they go again , how they recover between matches I don't know .

Take a walk to the outside courts and you would see two young ladies in an early round contest both ranked outside the top 100 for instance .

I wouldn't so much as win a single point against these ladies and I was a fairly competent player at one time , not a chance , a million miles from my level .

The talent , fitness and talent to even qualify for the first round at Wimbledon never mind win it is extraordinary .

Just to add I know the young lass Radacanu gets a lot of bad press since she won the US Open .

True the team around her haven't given her the best advice by any means but that's actually nothing to do with the amount of injuries she racks up .

The truth is her body probably doesn't stand up to the demands required of pro tennis , week in week out , practice , gym , track and bike plus competition .

There's things you can improve on certainly but if you haven't the body for the demands required today to compete at this level then unfortunately you've had it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just to add I know the young lass Radacanu gets a lot of bad press since she won the US Open .

True the team around her haven't given her the best advice by any means but that's actually nothing to do with the amount of injuries she racks up .

The truth is her body probably doesn't stand up to the demands required of pro tennis , week in week out , practice , gym , track and bike plus competition .

There's things you can improve on certainly but if you haven't the body for the demands required today to compete at this level then unfortunately you've had it .

Totally agree Animal. Seems like Radacanu and Dike are very similar albeit different sports

Murray warned Radacanu three years ago that she needed to massively increase her physical training.

I was a massive fan of early Radacanu but I said on here after she won the US Open that she was going to waste her talent due to chasing the sponsorship Dollar and turning up at the opening of an envelope.

Her best bet is to beg Murray to retire and take over the running of her career.

If the next incarnation of Emma doesn’t work she’s going to be 23 and done and looking at a media career.

Which I actually think she’ll be extremely good at.

Murray warned Radacanu three years ago that she needed to massively increase her physical training.

I was a massive fan of early Radacanu but I said on here after she won the US Open that she was going to waste her talent due to chasing the sponsorship Dollar and turning up at the opening of an envelope.

Her best bet is to beg Murray to retire and take over the running of her career.

If the next incarnation of Emma doesn’t work she’s going to be 23 and done and looking at a media career.

Which I actually think she’ll be extremely good at.

Either way Mick - she’s made it! Like Kournakova - she’s a talent but pretty looks, sponsorship deals and modelling will make her!
    Pretty - well spoken - likeable - and in the spot light she’s already made it!

Now had she been ugly ……,.,. Sad but true!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Either way Mick - she’s made it! Like Kournakova - she’s a talent but pretty looks, sponsorship deals and modelling will make her!
    Pretty - well spoken - likeable - and in the spot light she’s already made it!

Now had she been ugly ……,.,. Sad but true!
    That’s not “making it” when you have that level of talent.

60 to 70 years of “if onlys” to live with.

The money will make life pleasant but I’d hate to have seen my talent evaporate to nothing if I was in her shoes.

That’s not “making it” when you have that level of talent.

60 to 70 years of “if onlys” to live with.

The money will make life pleasant but I’d hate to have seen my talent evaporate to nothing if I was in her shoes.

Totally agree! Two West Brom players who had incredible talent - Koumas and Sessignon - absolutely unplayable on their day but not consistent. It happens! Raducanu will propel herself into modelling or media but she’s going to be a very wealthy girl. Good look to her! Pretty looks in girls always helps and don’t mean to be s exist - but it’s true!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)