+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    i don't, but i also don't think there is any manager that could get us out of this league with the current squad therefore id rather any compo money was spent on the squad rather than the payoff
    Thing is, this squad is Goodwins, so are we entrusting him to make more signings? We could sign another half dozen players but that in itself won't make a blind bit of difference if he signs more sh*te like he already has and can't get them playing. He couldn't get the last lot playing and now he can't seem to get this lot playing. He also couldn't get his Aberdeen team playing whereas Robson turned them into the best team in the league immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Thing is, this squad is Goodwins, so are we entrusting him to make more signings? We could sign another half dozen players but that in itself won't make a blind bit of difference if he signs more sh*te like he already has and can't get them playing. He couldn't get the last lot playing and now he can't seem to get this lot playing. He also couldn't get his Aberdeen team playing whereas Robson turned them into the best team in the league immediately.
    Exactly

I don't have belief JG can guide us where we need to go with this squad, or even a better squad but at same time I think it's unfair to not see how it goes the first few league games but as it stands I can see a terrible opening home game against pep mcpokes Dunfy on the back of godknows what at Arbroath

See how the first month pans out, but I definitely don't agree with those that don't think a different manager cant do better with the same players, especially at this level, it's as average as you get, Tues night is a minter result against a poor team

The main problem is going forward from midfield. No one tries to get past his opponent. They are content to stop the ball play it sideways or back. Why not try to "Roll" the player or accept the ball facing forward, let it run across your body and push it forward. Our squad is way ahead of the two teams we've just lost to but they don't look a threat

Defensively is the biggest issue, we should to be a team that gives nothing much away at this level home or away, gk looks fine but Denham and Freeman have been poor

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Personally, I think the problems are way deeper than JG. The club has been rotten to the core for quite a while now. Is it because we have too many non-footballing people making important decisions that are impacting on the coaching and playing? It's obvious MO knows feck all about football from a business point of view and seems to have employed people to run the club who are no better than him. Perhaps we need some sort of group made up of former players and people who know the game to advise the higher ups and challenge them on some of the decisions they have made. Something fundamental has to change or our clubs demise will continue.
    This for me , as long as Ogren remains things ain’t getting any better , he is clearly on a money saving exercise , would have been best for all had he sold up at the end of last season

Quote Originally Posted by North_Coast_Arab View Post
    The main problem is going forward from midfield. No one tries to get past his opponent. They are content to stop the ball play it sideways or back. Why not try to "Roll" the player or accept the ball facing forward, let it run across your body and push it forward. Our squad is way ahead of the two teams we've just lost to but they don't look a threat
    We do have players that try to do this. Fotheringham did on a numerous occasions last night. Cudjoe does as well. Problem with those two is end product, which so far has been none. I get your point though. Far too much sideways/backwards movement. That's been an issue for more than a season now.

Honestly I seen some positive things last night in attack and build up, it's the defensive side that killed us and obviously some end product from those mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Defensively is the biggest issue, we should to be a team that gives nothing much away at this level home or away, gk looks fine but Denham and Freeman have been poor
    But Jim has a player of the year RB at his disposal but leaves him on the bench and starts Freeman. That's on him, nobody else.

The assistant boss is a rubbish coach supposedly. Goodwin believes his own hype. I think we have the new John Hughes personally. Would we do better with the original one?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)