+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arnor sigurdsson

Arnor sigurdsson

Joins the club until the end of the season where he can become permanent???
    Fantastic coup and undoubtedly the best of the signings so far.
    His ability to play across the front 3 makes him a tremendous asset.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Joins the club until the end of the season where he can become permanent???
    Fantastic coup and undoubtedly the best of the signings so far.
    His ability to play across the front 3 makes him a tremendous asset.
    Broughton is driving this club forward.
    Its all to do with the extremely complicated situation he is in due to a war, which is slightly out of our clubs hands.
    He is under contract, with CSKA Moscow. Due to the war, he was allowed to go on loan to his old club.
    We are in a position to offer him better wages, it is thought we are going to have a clause where we have an option to buy at the end of the loan. As of 1st July, nobody in the world is allowed to sign a player who left a war torn country while still under contract with that side in Ukraine or Russia until their contract expires.
    If he is good, then great. If he is a flop (like Mola etc etc) we have no situation where we have to pay £3m for a player who is no good.

There is a reason we have gone for him, we feel we are getting a good player, for nothing for 12 months. Just wages.
    We have £0 budget for this 23/24 season unless we sell players. The fee, if there was one will be going on next season's budget. Very very good business for our club, and a clever move financially.

Yes I have since looked in to the legalities of deals involving players at countries at war.
    Smart move and so far smart movements in the market.
    Well done Broughton and team.
    Didn't think I would say that.
    No barrel scraping and swift movements in the market.
    I believe the Brighton lad is next and the city full back(name escapes me but sounds French)to add to already good players,through the door.
    A decent forward as you said through sales and top 6 looks a very interesting prospect.

Joel Latibeaudiere is the lad.
    On loan at Swansea last season.

Yes I have since looked in to the legalities of deals involving players at countries at war.
    Smart move and so far smart movements in the market.
    Well done Broughton and team.
    Didn't think I would say that.
    No barrel scraping and swift movements in the market.
    I believe the Brighton lad is next and the city full back(name escapes me but sounds French)to add to already good players,through the door.
    A decent forward as you said through sales and top 6 looks a very interesting prospect.
    remember last season when I just kept hammering you and *******ing you to to be more positive and while I was a real knob ...this time round I am still going to keep on at you like it or not ....but I will play nicely ......I just like what we are doing. We look decisive and really getting in some decent players here. I was peed off and starting to wonder about Broughton, but here we are. Right now he appears to be one step ahead of shed loads of clubs. The whole team behind getting all this done behind the scenes are all on it and that bodes well for us. We had a really good solid young squad that just needed freshening up. That's exactly what is happening, but these are better players coming in.
    We will get around £9M in transfers once we let a few go, and I do believe that will happen. We have to spend that one a real quality number 9. Get that bit right, and I just think they have a real chance. Possibly better than top 7. They actually may have a real chance here. Adam Wharton running the show every week.

We have potentially a really good squad.
    Probably 2 good ones away from a play off squad and 4 from a promotion push 🤫
    Key is keeping the stars of our squad
    Costello,Wharton and Carter.
    3 brilliant players from our academy.
    A decent forward or 2 is needed for sure.
    Gallagher won't get 20+ goals and I doubt ennis will either.
    A quality forward is a difference maker
    The top 3 in the top goal scorers were play off teams.
    Undoubtedly the amount of times we missed,was the reason why we missed out.

And the good news keeps on coming.
    8 weeks out,with a groin injury.
    Funnily enough,one he has suffered with numerous times.
    It never rains but it pours,currently at ewood Park.

And the good news keeps on coming.
    8 weeks out,with a groin injury.
    Funnily enough,one he has suffered with numerous times.
    It never rains but it pours,currently at ewood Park.
    I'd reconsider Dack personally. We have signed 2 crocks. One who was never injured who hasn't even trained with us yet. The other has a bad injury record which is likely the only reason we got him. Dack isn't a long term solution but he could be for a season. I'd offer him one year. If Sunderland feel they can use him, with everything we now know about the 2 injured players we have inherited, so should we. Its very unlikely we will find anyone better.

Too late champs.
    The horse has bolted.
    Dack has gone back to mowbray,who will use him no matter what.
    JDT wasn't a fan and you could see that from day one.

Too late champs.
    The horse has bolted.
    Dack has gone back to mowbray,who will use him no matter what.
    JDT wasn't a fan and you could see that from day one.
    Well it turns out we have a true goal scorer in our ranks. Leonard is a true number 9. Something we have not had at Ewood for years. Markandy looks a different player. I expect a decent season from him.
    Szmodics is a far far more important player in our style of play than Dack ever was. Even in his best form. We are faster, leaner, more attacking with this side than we ever were with Dack, Armstrong and Brereton. This side is better. Better manager. Better side.
    Good luck to Dack at Sunderland. If you don't think Ennis or Sigurdson won't play for Rovers. Dack who earned what BOTH of these lads will earn added together, will play a fraction of those games. And will contribute very little. Dack is well on the past. Our future is much brighter.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)