+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Time We Weren’t in League 2 Relegation?

Last Time We Weren’t in League 2 Relegation?

When was the last time we weren’t in relegation, when in League 2?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    2017/18

Daft question it was the 17/18 season when Notts got to the play offs and they weren't really in relegation trouble in the 2 seasons before that either it's just that in 15/16 there was all the chaos off the field and in 16/17 Notts pulled clear from February easily.

I was only asking a silly, playful question haha.. to try and reduce the anxiety on the board.. but I was actually looking for a specific date.

I was only asking a silly, playful question haha.. to try and reduce the anxiety on the board.. but I was actually looking for a specific date.
    was 17/18 if you want a specific date go and look it up ,,

And the answer is b4 we played Macclesfield at home

2014/2015 - we were never in danger of being in a League 2 relegation zone

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    And the answer is b4 we played Macclesfield at home
    We were in relegation trouble all that season. Starting with 5 defeats in the first 6 games, conceding 21 goals in the process.

Don't ever try to say that Kevin Nolan had no part in that disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    We were in relegation trouble all that season. Starting with 5 defeats in the first 6 games, conceding 21 goals in the process.

Plenty of teams start poorly magpie mania and recover,
    Was it last season or the season before the stags lost 5 or more and was flirting with the bottom 2 , but Clough was never sacked and ended up in the play offs
    One of Notts major undoings was sacking managers far to soon, even when they had credit in the bank, and all the upheaval of getting in a new squad for the new manager, and the very costly expense of this . In fact Notts had been doing it for years

This time Notts have got to stick with managers when the hard times come , because they will at some point . As well as Williams as done up to now, there will be sticky times ahead, if we start poorly which we cant even say till 10 games has gone, we need to stick with williams and the team
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-08-2023 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Sure. We weren't ready for the season but I think I can identify the exact moment it collapsed...
    I was at Newport. We played a pretty good game and Dennis got us back to 2-2 very late. Then we let in a soft goal in added time. Totally crushing.
    A point might have given Nolan the time for those beer bellies to go down (check the vid, i.e. 1.25 and the disgraceful defending for that winner). We got stuffed by Linclon the game after that and that was the end of Nolo

And it's ironic the role Fitz had at both ends of our NL era!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast