+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Baz has stopped that Goodwin pîsh of trying to get the centre half/full backs to play from defence when the ‘keeper has the ball, because we were shîte at it and the ball ended up being launched anyway when ut invariably ended up back with Roos. He may now have the players capable of doing it, but yesterday was not the occasion on which to experiment.

And that’s fit I think.
    Fit you think is always worth a read, Lets experiment wi the auld defence splitting pass now and again. and thats whit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just watched the highlights.
    If I was Morris I would be raging.
    Skinned his man over and over again but according to the highlights he never touched the ball.
    Yup. SKY highlights are just as bad as the old Sportscene ones. ?

Never get a true reflection of the game. Never see any of the contentious points, unless it`s against THEM !!!

Pretty amazing game though, when Clancy never booked a siingle Aberdeen player ?

Pretty amazing game when " in game stats" where showing 45% play in the Celtic half ?

And pretty amazing editing when not one, not one,bit of play shown of Morris scampering past Taylor ??!!

Well it was sportscene, no money goes to Sky from me.

I don't want to burst the slightly inflated Morris balloon because I do think he has improved so far this season in terms of attacking threat but he is 100% a winger and 100% not a right wing back. I realise that needs must and all that given defensive injuries but I would really hope that Daddia gets himself fit soon as that was the position he was recruited for. Morris's positional sense when he was attempting to mark Maeda makes Jayden Richardson look like Cafu. That's not Morris's fault as he was recruited as a winger, but it won't take teams long to figure out that is a real weakness for us

Oh aye, there's nae doot aboot at.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well it was sportscene, no money goes to Sky from me.
    Sorry. I just googled the highlights, and the sky tv ones came up.

i try not to watch Sportscene anyways. Can`t be doing with the superweegie bias and interminable droning chat.

( SKY of course, is just Guffy nonsense , as opposed to the Weege. But somwhow their simpleton ignorance of anything beyond " The Old Firm" is somehow less annoying ...........) >>>> I konw , I know, there is no old firm now.etc.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Sorry. I just googled the highlights, and the sky tv ones came up.

i try not to watch Sportscene anyways. Can`t be doing with the superweegie bias and interminable droning chat.

( SKY of course, is just Guffy nonsense , as opposed to the Weege. But somwhow their simpleton ignorance of anything beyond " The Old Firm" is somehow less annoying ...........) >>>> I konw , I know, there is no old firm now.etc.
    Well, would you believe it ? Just gone and watched the Red TV highlights.

and not one clip of Morris giving their fullback a doing either..........?? Go figure !!

Yep, pretty fair comments on here overall.

We were far more positive than in the past.

First half especially the high aggressive press definitely unsettled them.

Two shïte goals to concede first half though. Fück me Devlin min.

The trouble was, we couldn’t keep that intensity up and naturally tired second half, and as usual we lacked the quality to capitalise on the good positions we got into.

The money required for that quality of player appears to continue to elude us.

The squad is clearly well short though as the lack of subs showed again. Need at least the 3-4 Robson is talking about, and they need to be starters.

Morris played well going forward, very pacey and beat his man numerous times. His final ball is shït 90% of the time though and as others have said he’s no wing back. My MOTM though.

They all did fine, best I’ve seen us against them for a while, but the budget difference is just too much - its what continues to make these fixtures pretty pointless tbh…

Sportscene has a ball logo
    Mostly white but with blue and green panels.
    Very inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I don't want to burst the slightly inflated Morris balloon because I do think he has improved so far this season in terms of attacking threat but he is 100% a winger and 100% not a right wing back. I realise that needs must and all that given defensive injuries but I would really hope that Daddia gets himself fit soon as that was the position he was recruited for. Morris's positional sense when he was attempting to mark Maeda makes Jayden Richardson look like Cafu. That's not Morris's fault as he was recruited as a winger, but it won't take teams long to figure out that is a real weakness for us

Celtics third goal highlights Morris's defensive short-comings.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast