+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibernian

No signs of improvement against a team in similar circumstances at home. Really starting to get worried at the standard of players we have signed and our trainee manager who obviously does not have a scooby what to do. We look like we might concede with every breakaway attack and also like we couldn't score in a brothel. We are so predictable and it seems everyone has figured us out.

Not signing a decent replacement for Ramadani has come back to haunt us already
    Are midfield is almost posting missing.
    Are two options for subs are Barron who is well next to useless and an American college player who is out of his depth
    We are struggling in that area,teams are just running through us
    Best we do now is try and f8nd

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_kennedy_tache View Post
    Okay here we go again.

I like every Dons fan was happy we got 3rd place last season. But let’s put that run into context after Goodwin’s departure. We had no cup games after the Darrell disaster so our players had no midweek games to add to our fixture list. I think this kept our players fresh legs for the upcoming weekend match. Also most important we had Mitty Pollock in central defence. He was vastly our best player consistently last season, not Duk or Shinnie or Miovski. So come the summer we lose Ramadani and our brilliant recruitment team find Rubezic and sign him and right now he is dreadful, but a fitting replacement for the ****e Anthony Stewart. Biggest **** up was selling Ramadani with no replacement. Now there are wide spaces between a **** defence and midfield. I don’t think Ramadani was outstanding but his absence or a player like him is so obvious now. But we did sign Nicky Devlin from Livingstone who is cheap but lacklustre right wingback. Another problem I have is Duk! Surely any manager worth his salt would have made sure Duk would come back from summer hols not overweight and unfit. He should have been put on a strict and diet regime to adhere too over the close season, and fined for not adhering to it. Duk loos overweight thus depriving him of his lightning speed. An experienced manager would not have allowed this to happen.

So in conclusion we have appointed an inexperienced manager with no tactical nous, an incompetent recruitment team, and a team with a threadbare midfield.
    This is all on Cormack’s watch but I am sure the Local papers will come out with an interview from one of our no mark players with the usual pathetic platitudes. Robson is not the answer that’s for sure.
    Can't disagree with any of that.

Full house vs Celtic bottled it
    Full house vs BK Hacken bottled it.

Too many big games bottled and that goes for previous managers as well.

Major rebuild done and the midfield is like a black hole. Lets face it any of us could have got those fckers to play after Cantwin got his jotters. Robson did well but it was the bounce effect. Cormack has provided us the warchest to get probably the strongest squad we have ever had since the 80s.

Yet we sit with 2 points from 12 struggled past Stirling Albion and blew a glorious opportunity to get into the Europa League.

Fkng sort it oot ffs.

Just back.

I was quite pleased with us today to begin with.
    We started off quite well, looked to have a better shape and just looked more comfortable overall without setting the heather on fire.

We huffed and puffed and played some decent stuff at times, had a few chances, but nothing really threatening.

Ruby had his usual brainfart moments, but was still surprised he was taken off in the second half and we went with a back four and Morris came on.

We looked ok with the changed shape to begin with then we lose Morris to injury and Barron was taken off and who I thought looked fine, given how little football he's played and then we were clueless. Maybe there is hope for the loon.
    It was like watching a little kids team, when they all just go chasing after the ball, because they know nothing different.

No shape, no clue. Three strikers on the pitch and them having to track back all the time to try and see the ball. No width and zero creativity. It was a strange one.

My pants might be a little wet tonight as that was as bad a final 30 minutes I have ever seen us play.

That loss was was solely down to the manager today.

We know fine well from last season how these kind of runs can spiral out of control and cost a manager his job.

I still think we have some very good players in that squad, if a little imbalanced in areas, but Robson and Agnew really need to get a tune out of this squad.

I honestly don't want us having to get yet another manager in the door and really hope it doesn't happen and we sort it out.

That's nae the first time we've ended up wi 3 strikers on the pitch to absolutely zero effect. I do wonder if they've done any training on that formation, or if it's a case of just lobbing an extra body up there and seeing fit happens.

I'm also perplexed at how vulnerable we have become in defence. First thing Robson did when Goodwin left was 'sort the defence' to an extent. Now we get cut open all the time, in spite of our back 5. Seems that Robson's advice is basically 'attack', but without any sort of tactics applied.

Ramadani was a decent player but it's nae as if his role is particularly difficult to emulate. Robson's choosing to do without it, for whatever reason.

Just back.

Terrible performance absolutely no pass marks today.

MacDonald was at fault for the first goal but to be honest he’s been shyte all season.Maybe Scales and Pollock made him look good.

Rubezic looks like he is going to fvck up every time the ball comes near him.

Jensen looks like he can barely run,needs to lose the lead boots.

Somebody needs to tell McGarry he is allowed to try to cross the ball.If he’s shyte at crosses he will fit right in with the rest of the team.

The whole attitude of the team is wrong,it’s just a case of pass the ball to a team mate then stand and watch them try to do something,next to no movement at all.

Lot of shytebag players still there who downed tools to get Goodwin sacked,it looks like they are trying the same with Robson.

No panic required, sorry, I’m OK now, as Barry says - “We will be fine. We've got real speed, we've got a good group, we've got some really good players and once we get going, we'll be fine. I'm really relaxed about that." Thanks Barry, you had us all worried there momentarily - could you give us all a start date please?!

I have a feeling that you’re not as relaxed as you make out but maybe I’m overthinking the utterly shambolic start to the season.

I'm certain in the coming days we'll be told that we were in negotiations up to the last minute of the window for a Rama replacement, so as to show that they knew we needed such a player. Alas it wasn't to be and we should be happy with how we recruited and Robson is satisfied with the signings.

What puzzles and frustrates me in equal measures.. is why cant the manager see what the fans see ? and Im not talking tactical finer points but the bleedin obvious, two examples being Duk looks horrendously overweight and clearly unfit. Ruby is a pure liability and the huge hole in midfield still needing filled ..surely this can be solved from within the squad ? ..but has painfully not been attended too. You,d think a man of Steve Agnews experience would see this ..

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Not signing a decent replacement for Ramadani has come back to haunt us already
    Are midfield is almost posting missing.
    Are two options for subs are Barron who is well next to useless and an American college player who is out of his depth
    We are struggling in that area,teams are just running through us
    Best we do now is try and f8nd
    Much as we were awful today I actually thought Barron had more about him today than pretty much the rest of the team.
    At 1 nil down you knew we were beat because we had zero attacking force.
    Too many new players at one time means we are playing as individuals rather than as a team

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast