+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match ratings @ Salford

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    We look very, very good right now. The way in which we’re dominating even away games against very strong teams really is massively impressive and something I can’t remember is doing on such a regular basis before.
    I agree. A few weeks ago i posted that i was happy with the way things are going and everything is rosy, but the style of play didn't really get my juices flowing. I've got to hold my hands up and say I've changed my mind about that.

The spells we have when we are just absolutely battering the opposition - build-up, chance, get hold of the clearance, switch it, another chance, get hold of the clearance, dangerous cross, corner, build up, another chance, etc etc - are an absolute joy to watch. We are putting good teams in panic mode for 3/4 minutes at a time.

As you say that normally only happens a few times in a season, now it seems to happen for 15/20 mins every game. Can't remember that ever happening before, and long may it continue.

I really feared the worst going into last night’s game, but this Notts County are something else - led by LW, of course. Loved the way he turned playing on Friday night into a positive (“win and we go top”), and if we can keep everyone fit, I think we are only going to get better as the season progresses.

While it was a great team performance, I’d have to single out Sam Austin for his tremendous work ethic, quality and attitude playing at LWB. Sums up everything that is special at the club right now.

Agree with everything Freemuzzy says….really good performance.

Baldwin and Austin both put in their best games of the season. Crowley was superb, Matty Palmer was Matty Palmer and Didzy just oozes class….some of his trickery and general play last night was leagues above.

I was stood right at the front of the stand and felt it pretty hard to rate individual scores….think ‘Muzzy’ is closest for me.

6 for Macca is mean, the positions he takes up creates space for others, goldfinger and the crow , very unlucky with not getting the winner last week

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'll kick this one off

Stone 6 - Congrats to him on the clean sheet
    Baldwin 7 - Steady, eased himself back in. There's more to come
    Brindley 7 - Hasn't failed to impress since he moved into the centre
    Cameron 7 - Very solid job
    Palmer 8 - Even better than usual, outstanding really
    Bostock 7 - Was getting better as the game went on
    Nemane 5 - Patchy, and then got himself sent-off and it might easily have been a pen
    McGoldrick 8 - first half masterclass, contender for man of match but...
    Crowley 9 - ...MoM, again for me. He's in a stunning vein of form. Unbelievable and don't want to jinx it, but so far an upgrade on _ _ _ _ _ !
    Austin 8 - His best of the season, very effective
    Langstaff 6 - Got himself involved more than in previous games, very busy

Subs
    Jones 7 - immediately started pinging it into the box
    O'Brien 6
    Rawlinson 6
    Chicksen 6
    That seems a fair assessment. Its about time we stopped Nemane taking throw-ins. Hasn't the penny dropped with him yet, that if you dilly about wasting time you are going to be booked.. Well at least we will have a better replacement in TAR, assuming he is fit enough,,
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-09-2023 at 11:22 AM.

I don't think I've ever seen Austin have a bad game. He's always effective and seems to be involved in at least one of our goals every time he plays. Works tirelessly too. He goes under the radar a bit, but he's a cracking player.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Austin have a bad game. He's always effective and seems to be involved in at least one of our goals every time he plays. Works tirelessly too. He goes under the radar a bit, but he's a cracking player.
    Totally agree.
    At worst he’s had a quiet game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12