+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Dog Breeds

Love all animals, especially cats but have owned dogs as well.
    Must say,this breed looks like a four legged shark.

There is only one dangerous breed.
    Humans.

No such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners!

I own a XL bully.
    I could tell you he’s soft as a brush cause he is.
    I could tell you he plays with my grandkids cause he does.
    I could tell you he’s scared of the cat cause he is.
    It won’t matter at the moment because nobody wants to believe any of it.

I don’t let him off the lead when we’re out not because of him because of other dogs.
    It’s a problem because if he gets attacked he will cause some damage I understand that.
    The amount of times I’ve had to argue with dog owners because he’s on a lead and they’re not and they challenge him.
    Since I got him I’ve trained him he’s so obedient I’m his boss he understands that he’s as daft and as soft as a brush.
    There are 2 types of owners the ones like me who treats him like part of the family and love him to bits.
    And the ones who have them for status and give the dog a bad reputation.
    The jack Russell over the road has bitten the driver from Argos but that’s not an issue.
    Again I understand the damage caused from that and mine is incomparable but I know mine won’t bite.

Mines on a lead 50kg of muscle, I get fed up of owners of small dogs off lead running at him yapping, I've told them if your dog doesn't come to heel when you call it keep it on a fkn lead, I have 4 grand kids who play with him no problem.
    If my dog got hold of one of the little dogs, their owners would be blaming mine.
    By the way he is not a fan of cats, muntjac, rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    There is only one dangerous breed.
    Humans.
    There is if you're a cat, crash...

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I own a XL bully.
    I could tell you he’s soft as a brush cause he is.
    I could tell you he plays with my grandkids cause he does.
    I could tell you he’s scared of the cat cause he is.
    It won’t matter at the moment because nobody wants to believe any of it.

I don’t let him off the lead when we’re out not because of him because of other dogs.
    It’s a problem because if he gets attacked he will cause some damage I understand that.
    The amount of times I’ve had to argue with dog owners because he’s on a lead and they’re not and they challenge him.
    Since I got him I’ve trained him he’s so obedient I’m his boss he understands that he’s as daft and as soft as a brush.
    There are 2 types of owners the ones like me who treats him like part of the family and love him to bits.
    And the ones who have them for status and give the dog a bad reputation.
    The jack Russell over the road has bitten the driver from Argos but that’s not an issue.
    Again I understand the damage caused from that and mine is incomparable but I know mine won’t bite.
    Niece owns one, she has two young kids, yes hers his soft but that’s not the point, he gets you then there’s damage whether that’s bad human or not, leads and nuzzling when out and about should be used.

I was bit by a dogs years ago and it’s definitely not a great experience

I worked as a postie for a while and came into contact with many different breeds of dog. I noticed that above all else, when I went to a house with calm, polite people the dogs were calm - inquisitive yes, but one word from the owner and they behaved. Conversely, go to a house where screeming, shouting, and rough dirty sorts lived, then you had to be on serious guard. In other words the dog adopted the nature of those it lived with. I've never owned a dog and don't intend to but if I did it would live outside and never be allowed in the house.

We had several dogs when I was younger, 2 of them Alsatians at a time when they were seen as the "nasty" dog. They were very territorial but well trained and obedient. Since then several dogs have appeared on the scene and taken on that mantle, almost like fashionable accessories for a certain type. As I understand it the Bully XL is a recent breed, bred only this century and not even recognised by some doggy bodies. Why was it bred at all? It can't help existing; not it's choice. Then there's the owners. During Covid lots of people acquired dogs who'd never had them before and had no idea how to train them. When the wife and I were out walking during Covid we noticed the increase of doglog piles on the pavements where there had been none before, presumably thanks to new ignorant owners. Now those dogs have grown up. "Chickens coming home to roost" springs to mind. Damn big chickens too.

Family found baby dead in garden mauled. Pet dog came with blood on his face, owner shot it, later found big dog in garden that pet dog had killed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast