+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury situation?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We have 4 senior CB and 2 out on loan. Plus peltier and oddefin who can fill in these slots.
    How many CB do folk want at the club. Or is it the fact 5 of the 8 plus 2 out on loan are not available?
    Yeah we all know we wouldn't have sign peltier, hall and Morrison but MT did and took the gamble.
    Where has this 30k for 3 players come from that derby miller keeps quoting? Is it a say it long enough peeps will think it's true?
    It was quoted in an article hat stated the highest paid players by club. If it isn’t true fair enough, I can only refer to the information that is available. Either way it doesn’t detract from the shocking decisions that have been made with this squad. People make mistakes, that is fine but when someone then goes onto deflect away from themselves with what come across as weak excuses, it does not make them look good.

Agreed. Just be honest mt. I took a gamble on 4 championship quality defenders and only 1 has worked so far hopefully the others will come good. At least fans will respect that tho they may not like it.

Doesn't take much but I can't work out why Peltier Hall Morrison are here. Ferguson Appiah also. Bola & McCart who played for Barnsley yesterday far better alternatives. Kioso who also played yesterday for Peterborough can see why he was loaned out to free wages up but if not Bola he'd have a fit better option than we have now.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/we...earners-ranked

This article suggests that the combined wages of Peltier, Morison and Hall is 25k per week. With Blackett as well the figure is 35k per week.

If we'd signed only one of the three (my choice would be Hall) then that would leave 15k per week in the budget to sign two up and coming younger players from lower in the leagues. Or we could have offered one decent Championship level CB 15k a week and not loaned out Kioso and McCart.

But we didn't. And the article might not be correct anyway so we'll just have to push on with what we have and hope we can get at least two of them back playing soon

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Agreed. Just be honest mt. I took a gamble on 4 championship quality defenders and only 1 has worked so far hopefully the others will come good. At least fans will respect that tho they may not like it.
    They won’t though will they.
    Fans want results and anything less the manager cops the flak.
    The latest stick to beat MT with us injuries in a few weeks it will be something else.
    Not saying we haven’t made mistakes with recruitment but it’s just constant regurgitation from supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    No Morrison signed very early on !
    Ok so maybe we took the gamble on Morrison, then tried to sign more resilient defenders, no one we wanted was willing to join us so we then signed the other two. The alternative to MT being lower division defenders
    So maybe the club tried to do what a lot of fans think they should have done by only signing one.
    As I’ve posted earlier if a player doesn’t want to come to the nys then a decent offer by our standards won’t seal the deal

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    As I’ve posted earlier if a player doesn’t want to come to the nys then a decent offer by our standards won’t seal the deal
    I blame too much Fantasy Football because all the armchair managers think it's a simple as keeping to a budget and you can have whichever players you want and if anyone gets injured you just swap them with one of equal value.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 24-09-2023 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post

This article suggests that the combined wages of Peltier, Morison and Hall is 25k per week. With Blackett as well the figure is 35k per week.

If we'd signed only one of the three (my choice would be Hall) then that would leave 15k per week in the budget to sign two up and coming younger players from lower in the leagues. Or we could have offered one decent Championship level CB 15k a week and not loaned out Kioso and McCart.

But we didn't. And the article might not be correct anyway so we'll just have to push on with what we have and hope we can get at least two of them back playing soon
    Derek, I'm lead to believe that all three of Hall, Morrison and Peltier on supposed substantial wages, are also paid on a pay as you play basis and their wages will be substantially reduced if they don't play. If that is the case, then the club aren't paying out as much as been quoted by some on here.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post

25k sorry my mistake quoting £30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Derek, I'm lead to believe that all three of Hall, Morrison and Peltier on supposed substantial wages, are also paid on a pay as you play basis and their wages will be substantially reduced if they don't play. If that is the case, then the club aren't paying out as much as been quoted by some on here.
    Which left money in the budget to get another one in.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast