+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VAR again Spurs Vs Liverpool

It doesn’t make yesterday right, but Liverpool have had more than their fair share of decisions go for them over the years. Forgive me if I have very little sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Think you’re being a bit generous there
    As I said earlier, what Howard’s guilty of is that it’s got considerably worse since he was appointed
    No I don’t agree,it’s only got worse as you say is because we are hearing more and they are saying more,before him they covered it up but it was still happening.plus he is working with already tuned refs from the past.in the USA he trained most of them up from the start.

It needs peeling back further than just scratching the surface,yes Howard’s is charge and it falls into his in tray but again all this was set up long before he arrived and he has his hands tied with how the systems are set up by the governing bodies.

What he can do is bloody sort the handball rule out because at minute it’s as clear as mud,that’s one thing he can push for change.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    No I don’t agree,it’s only got worse as you say is because we are hearing more and they are saying more,before him they covered it up but it was still happening.plus he is working with already tuned refs from the past.in the USA he trained most of them up from the start.

It needs peeling back further than just scratching the surface,yes Howard’s is charge and it falls into his in tray but again all this was set up long before he arrived and he has his hands tied with how the systems are set up by the governing bodies.

What he can do is bloody sort the handball rule out because at minute it’s as clear as mud,that’s one thing he can push for change.
    That doesn’t explain some of the crazy new rules that we’ve been on the wrong end of. Lack of consistency being the biggest annoyance
    Those have come in under his watch
    The early part of the season has come across as if the refs aren’t sure what they are meant to be doing
    Again, my view is that is down to him

That doesn’t explain some of the crazy new rules that we’ve been on the wrong end of. Lack of consistency being the biggest annoyance
    Those have come in under his watch
    The early part of the season has come across as if the refs aren’t sure what they are meant to be doing
    Again, my view is that is down to him
    Fair point,I was perhaps more concentrating on var with most of my comments in mind.yes you have some good points I think it is more about implementation of them and consistency rather than rules per say.like I said apart from the handball rule which is Just ridiculous now and needs changing, but we have had all this before under Mike Riley.they bring things in and they are all over it at start of season and then it subsides but in the interim exudes confusion and inconsistency.some teams benefit and some teams don’t.which is not how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post

I thought IFAB determined what the handball rule should be so there's not much Howard Webb can do about that.

Darren England has been replaced as the fourth official for Sunday's Premier League game between Nottingham Forest and Brentford after his error as the video assistant referee during Liverpool's defeat at Tottenham.

Dan Cook was assistant VAR for the game and he has been replaced as assistant referee for the game between Fulham and Chelsea on Monday.

It’s a farce
    How is he offside
    Var got in the refs head when he went to monitor by sounds, showing him the still before rest ?

Yes I was thinking that too.
    Since he’s come in it,s got considerably worse
    I don’t think its got worse, maybe its being talked about more.
    About time managers opened their gobs more

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t think its got worse, maybe its being talked about more.
    About time managers opened their gobs more
    They can’t have an opinion tho because they get banned & fined & nothing changes.Howard Webb rings them with an apology & that’s it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast