+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What sane manager would take the RUFC job?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    And your ideas howdy,have you got any.Derby has opinions some times I don’t agree sometimes I do.You will be surprised I don’t agree with yours.
    That's a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Let me guess, you googled 'What was the name of that woman at Forest Green?' about 2 mins before you made that post.
    Any reason why we shouldn't give her a try?

It's a free hit this season. Nothing to lose. We may even attract many new female football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    And your ideas howdy,have you got any.Derby has opinions some times I don’t agree sometimes I do.You will be surprised I don’t agree with yours.
    Thanks for the response ) howdy is typical on here, they avoid discussing the issue so they attack the poster, very sad really it is a social media approach to debate. I don't have the answers by the way, but I post opinions based on observations during games and the managers interviews. I have more questions than answers, unfortunately. I am not sure whether MT should leave or not, I don't have any confidence in his ability to get us up if we do go down, because i am not seeing any identity or style or structure also because he has made some awful decisions that were pointed out by many on here at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Any reason why we shouldn't give her a try?

It's a free hit this season. Nothing to lose. We may even attract many new female football fans.
    Well all know you're fishing and don't for one second think you actually believe what you're typing but go on then, I'll engage for a bit of fun.

If there was a male coach out there who's only managerial experience was less than a fortnight in preseason in caretaker charge of Forest Green, would you be suggesting we sack Matt Taylor and employ him?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Thanks for the response ) howdy is typical on here, they avoid discussing the issue so they attack the poster, very sad really it is a social media approach to debate.
    People tried to reasonable discuss with you on the 'MT One year Interview' thread but you instantly accused them of all looking for a fight, when a couple of posters (quite rightly) asked who exactly was looking for a fight, you never responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Well all know you're fishing and don't for one second think you actually believe what you're typing but go on then, I'll engage for a bit of fun.

If there was a male coach out there who's only managerial experience was less than a fortnight in preseason in caretaker charge of Forest Green, would you be suggesting we sack Matt Taylor and employ him?
    No.

But this could be a revolutionary moment, in the history of this club.

We have a toxic, negative, soulless atmosphere at the club. We have had a succession of managers who have bought into the myth that there is a RUFC identity- absolute poppycock by the way- and the club from top to bottom is dour and devoid of creativity.

This moment- we could change that in a heartbeat and give the job to Dingley or another suitable female coach.

It would be a huge boost to the Rotherham United profile- encourage a new generation of female supporters- open up new revenue streams with merchandising, put the club on the map across the world.

Or we could appoint another depressing Northern bloke with piles, to regurgitate all the usual crap after another defeat for the rest of the season.

No.

We have a toxic, negative, soulless atmosphere at the club. We have had a succession of managers who have bought into the myth that there is a RUFC identity- absolute poppycock by the way- and the club from top to bottom is dour and devoid of creativity.

This moment- we could change that in a heartbeat and give the job to Dingley or another suitable female coach.

It would be a huge boost to the Rotherham United profile- encourage a new generation of female supporters- open up new revenue streams with merchandising, put the club on the map across the world.

Or we could appoint another depressing Northern bloke with piles, to regurgitate all the usual crap after another defeat for the rest of the season.
    You're not naive enough to believe that.

To work with the resources we have at our disposal is about as hard as it gets - top Prem managers couldn't achieve much with them. As someone recently pointed out, the lack of good under 21 players - the likes of which other Champ clubs almost without exception can call upon with reasonable trust to step in and take on the task if need be - are not there for us in anything like the same way. Warnock knew this and that's why he didn't stay - Warne knew this and that's why he headed down the M1. It's not so much a manager that's needed as a magician. Matt is doing the best he can with what he's got, but we gambled on some players with injury histories and, sadly, we are also just s**t out of luck on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Thanks for the response ) howdy is typical on here, they avoid discussing the issue so they attack the poster, very sad really it is a social media approach to debate. I don't have the answers by the way, but I post opinions based on observations during games and the managers interviews. I have more questions than answers, unfortunately. I am not sure whether MT should leave or not, I don't have any confidence in his ability to get us up if we do go down, because i am not seeing any identity or style or structure also because he has made some awful decisions that were pointed out by many on here at the time.
    Absolutely no point in engaging with people like you.

It doesn't matter who the players are and who the manager is. All you do is criticise.

What's really sad, is that posters like you feel it's OK to attack players whenever you feel like it. Is Hugillball or whatever you call it a term of endearment on your part? Are you offering unwavering support for the club, the management and players?

No matter what you believe the players and management should be doing better, there's only so much you can do if the ability and depth (squad) of your opponent is infinitely better. Last nights opponents sold a player for £20m + recently.

We don't need a forensic investigation every time we fall short.

Too many yoyo opinions on here.

Maybe if our supporters tried a bit more supporting and got behind the team, rather than slagging them off all the time, they might do a little better.

No.

Make the next one your last drink and go for a nap.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast