+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid inquest costs.

No one is above the law,and people in power should be held accountable for their actions,worth every penny.

Like the poster above said this thread has already turned in to political points scoring

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    There is no point because they've already decided on the findings.

That was on Yes, Minister. Never set up an inquiry unless you know in advance what its findings will be.
    I think the point of the YM gag was that the PM and advisor were saying that you don't set an enquiry up if it is going to find against you.

So why did the Gov set it up if it is already biased against them, as some are saying?

For what it's worth, I think this investigation is well worth doing if there was a genuine agreement that whatever the recommendations were to be, they would be acted on by whatever government is in power, so that we are better prepared in the future. I have faith that the inquiry will be thorough and impartial, but far less faith that it's recommendation (likely to be expensive) will be implemented. Which would beg the question of what is the point?! I have zero faith that any wrong doing/corruption/profiteering will be punished!

Hopefully it will show that the people making decisions weren't competent!

We never used to hear of the top civil servants and their battles with ministers. This is happening for a reason and the reason could be that the policy makers are trying to force through an agenda that isn't their own.

We could end up with the WHO call for lock downs on a global level because the different governments around the world are seen to be incapable via these enquiries.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 02-11-2023 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Hopefully it will show that the people making decisions weren't competent!
    Haha, do we really need to spend millions to tell us something we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    That's the problem with Politics. Unless it's written down they don't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    millersrus, not to worry because if you break it all down it only works out a £1.50 per person so doesn't sound so bad saying it like that

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    millersrus, not to worry because if you break it all down it only works out a £1.50 per person so doesn't sound so bad saying it like that
    If it's not looked into it gives the next lot the ability to follow the same path.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    When it’s my shout tomorrow I will only get half pints in, and remind them where the other half’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If it's not looked into it gives the next lot the ability to follow the same path.
    I’ve got every faith in the next lot to go down the same path regardless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast