+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Past pubs and custodians and patrons in rotherham

Belvedere then Florence on way to town. Can still get beer in both but not the same

My local haunt was The Limes on Broom Lane - sadly no longer there.
    I loved that place.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The Richardsons used to run the Grapes in Dalton. I was in the same class as their oldest son and we knocked about together.

My mothers uncle and aunt used to run the Crinoline then moved to the Lion near Millmoor. Both have passed now
    Frog, oh the Crinoline bridge Inn. Always frequented by Rotherham CID on the night shift back in the old Sweeney days.

It's most famous claim to fame was the Wards they use to sell. Pure nectar, stunk like a swamp drinking it and stunk the same next day when you farted, great to drop one out when going down pit on a day shift!

Better claim to fame was that although it was Sheffield brewed, many Sheffielder's that actually visited the Crin to drink the Wards claimed it was the best pulled pint they'd ever tasted. The secret was in the super cool cellar adjacent to the river Don. A claim to fame the Crin held before it closed.

On a new point, it's actually been bought again having been shut down for some time, not sure who owns it now or what it's going to be. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    My local haunt was The Limes on Broom Lane - sadly no longer there.
    I loved that place.
    Mr P. Had the occasional one in there and yes sadly it's now a block of flats that stands there.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    George Wright been bought by Consort
    https://www.facebook.com/10007608951...33945/?app=fbl
    Think the Consort are only running it, not owning the building.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123