+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Covid inquest costs.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    I’ve got every faith in the next lot to go down the same path regardless.
    But if the findings of the enquiry gives guidence against doing so it wouldn't be allowed.

What's the point? If possible, given that so many of the principal players are lying bstards, to establish what really happened.

The cost is nothing compared to what, in Boris' words, was "spaffed" on ppe or the joke known as HS2, or Braverman's redecoration of her office (£32m in case you didn't know)

I don’t vote but they are both as bad. Corrupt liars every politician.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-wasted.html

It is a waste of time because Boris and co wont get banged up for it.There has to come a point when politicians have to be seriously accountable for their actions like ordinary folk would be. The problem is they are in effect above the law and can get away with murder.

What a wa nk legal system we have.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It is a waste of time because Boris and co wont get banged up for it.There has to come a point when politicians have to be seriously accountable for their actions like ordinary folk would be. The problem is they are in effect above the law and can get away with murder.

What a wa nk legal system we have.
    Roly pal, I've been banging the drum on here for years about how antiquated and not up to modern standards our legal system is.

I've been challenged time and again by the legal eagles on here explaining it's not that easy to change the Law(s). There's too much coin made out of the legal system for it to be challenged as it works just fine for those reaping mega buck rewards out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Roly pal, I've been banging the drum on here for years about how antiquated and not up to modern standards our legal system is.

I've been challenged time and again by the legal eagles on here explaining it's not that easy to change the Law(s). There's too much coin made out of the legal system for it to be challenged as it works just fine for those reaping mega buck rewards out of it.
    The legal system has many virtues, but equally many problems. The most significant is its relationship with the establishment - the minority who have most to lose from a radical reform of political structures, media etc. This includes the monarchy.

To bring it back to covid, there were many who were received significant punitive fines for breaching the rules. I'm not aware of anyone connected with the no10 parties that received anything more than the basic fine, even though they were multiple felons.

There is a covid inquiry website where you can access the full witness statements as well as full transcripts of each day's testimony. Its appeal is obviously geeky, but it's worth looking at the parts that are not raised in the questioning of the witnesses. If you don't know why this inquiry is "worth it" then take a bit of time to look at what is going on behind the headlines. It's democracy in action that we should protect regardless of cost.

There is no such thing as democracy anymore. Everything is manipulated to serve the outcome. Political manifestos are statements used to gain votes. Once votes are gained a watered down version is administered.
    Nobody can be honest anymore because of fear of been labelled something which is career/personally damaging. There is no such thing as an honest politician. The right and left are so intrenched in their distain for each other they are almost cult like with the blinkered beliefs.
    Democracy is gone it’s a bunch of rich people pretending to care for people less well off.
    The tories broke the lockdown rules anybody who thinks labour would/ have shown any different moral values are deluded.
    LIB/LAB/COM all the same badged up differently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123