+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Realistic alternatives to Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Don’t think that’s exactly right.
    Warne talked about a committee panel who looks at potential signings.
    Warne needed everyone’s agreement which he didn’t always get much to his annoyance.
    Warne was unfairly blamed at times for not pushing signings over the line or missing out.
    You can’t now say it’s just down to MT.
    I was told on good authority at the time that the transfer committee was set up by TS and that all members had to agree before a signing could be made. This caused frustration at times because inevitably there were delays (that's one of the problems with committees) and we missed out on a few signings.
    Unfortunately my contact isn't at the club anymore so I don't know if the committee still exists or what the process is now for agreeing potential new recruits.

Season before last I saw MT take the stage to give out a load of trophies to a youth football club presentation.

I remember thinking at the time (having done something similar at the time on 2 end of seasons)... What a deer in headlights his whole persona was.

He just didn't have the air of a doing well manager of a professional football club at the time.

When he was chosen... Yes chosen.... To be our manager I knew instantly he was the wrong man for this football club and too early for him to be any success whatsoever in the Championship.

MT is a nice, genuine bloke. These days though being a football manager is more about managing a group of human beings than having your A license.

MT ripped up, yes ripped up the whole culture of what Warney saw as being our short term method of success. He must have got pig sick of everyone Warney this and Warney that. So who can blame him, I'm the manager now this is how I do things.

And with that comes your "God Complex"

I don't this he has. He's not Andy Scott or Alan Stubbs.

What he has done is tried to change too deep and too fast and he will pay for it in the next few weeks.

I said back in Feb he won't last until Xmas and I stand by that. His record was worse than relegation form last season and this season it's bordering on finishing bottom breaking records for wrong reasons territory. The numbers don't lie.

The sad thing out of all of it. Neither Derby, Rotherham or Exeter have benefited in any way from the whole chain of job merry go round.

And whats even worse than that is the horrible realisation that last season we actually saw the peak at where will ever see Rotherham United before managers and or players want to leave for bigger things.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You remind me a bit of the military dad in American Beauty, gru.
    Or Jonesy in Dad's Army

I've just read on another thread that PW always had a plan how to play.....hahahahaha

How many on here moaned about his style of play and picking his favourites, and then having no Plan B when Plan A didn't work again.....

.....................shaking head.....ffs, some on here.............

Everyone should be entitled to an opinion.. even of its fkin stupidly mental.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I've just read on another thread that PW always had a plan how to play.....hahahahaha

How many on here moaned about his style of play and picking his favourites, and then having no Plan B when Plan A didn't work again.....

.....................shaking head.....ffs, some on here.............
    Typically, they were the ones making out that Taylor was a superior manager. Thats aged well.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213