+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Lincoln City 07.11.23 [EFLT]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. I have hated this competition with a passion ever since U-21 teams were allowed to participate as a means to getting them in the EFL. While we were in non-league I'd forgotten how much I despised it, but I soon remembered! I can absolutely guarantee that if we got to Wembley I would proudly continue my boycott.

You suck up to the Premiership if you want, but it's not for me.
    Absolutely, glad we're out of the pointless trophy. I to lost any interest in it when the Premiership U21's joined not that I had much interest before. I didn't even bother listening on the radio tonight, I didn't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Absolutely, glad we're out of the pointless trophy. I to lost any interest in it when the Premiership U21's joined not that I had much interest before. I didn't even bother listening on the radio tonight, I didn't see the point.
    Tell that to those of us who went to watch the game, we expected much better.. I'm not into this taking the piss out of supporters who pay to see the team try to win.. If this is LWs attitude to towards traveling supporters the he has gone down in my estimation..

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Just need us to score and them to add another, 3-1 to them please...that being the case I'm on course for my first YAPS of the season...! This cup is good for something after all....!!! Cisse to score would beeven better !
    Is it just you and me left now who’ve predicted every score and got every one wrong. Quite an achievement that!

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Is it just you and me left now who’ve predicted every score and got every one wrong. Quite an achievement that!
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Tell that to those of us who went to watch the game, we expected much better.. I'm not into this taking the piss out of supporters who pay to see the team try to win.. If this is LWs attitude to towards traveling supporters the he has gone down in my estimation..
    No one is taking the piss out of travelling supporters, it is just that some of us boycott this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Mansfield just lost their 3rd consecutive game.
    There all cupgames , as soon as its league match they probably win again

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Exactly. MOST don’t care. What’s Notts average away attendance? Vastly more than 200.
    Only last week a fair few on here were quite happy for us to get knocked out of the FA Cup.
    Tonight’s game was always a none event. We can’t progress so why risk injury or suspension by going at full throttle.
    I would be confident that if LW could, he would have played the kids.
    On to Crewe.
    I did not even bother listening to it, other than a training or fitness exercise, its just a distraction to most clubs, who main interest is the League

Glad we're out of this one. I think the cups are a dangerous distraction to us at this stage. We just do not have the squad depth to do well in multiple competitions. A good cup run will inevitably hamper our league results.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I’ve always thought they should look at what they’ve done with the League Cup in Scotland and make it a group stage played across the final week of pre-season on Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday. Would be a sort of bridge between friendlies and the proper stuff starting, and crowds would surely be far better when it’s warm and sunny in late July than they are at the minute.
    that's not a half bad idea, although they also need to cull the prem bambis

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    LW doesn’t go in to the game aiming to lose. However, what has been clear as day with LW, is that the League is his priority. He showed that last season and has shown it this season.
    If you were rocking up last night expecting Notts to be at full strength, then you are more deluded than I thought.
    It sounds like we were toothless/disjointed against an opponent that plays a league higher than us. We got minutes in to fringe/youth players legs. Hopefully, we came out unscathed.
    Just out of curiosity, what side would you have put out last night Durham?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast