+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 155 of 189 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1889

Thread: The funsters

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There were probably restrictions on crowds at stadia in 2021 because of COVID-19?
    Not really No.

The early league cup matches were still restricted then both clubs had their first home league match restricted but after that the restrictions were lifted for the entire season .

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    We were still growing our fanbase at that time, if the same thing happened now our average would be much higher if the Stadium capacity allowed for it.
    We continued to grow our fanbase.
    We took 28000 to Hampden for the 2010 cup final. In our first final in 74 which I attended there was maybe 5000?
    In 50 years we have grown considerably as a club whereas in the same 50 years the Fun have declined considerably as a club.
    I'm afraid that is undeniable fact.
    Im in total agreement , im not for a second disputing any of that but that's also not what I am saying either .

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Missed a probable sell out at home to Sevco in August and a big gate (likely 8-10k) at home to hibs on boxing day, enough to change an average over 19 games from 7100 to 8000

Ie total attendance across both games restricted to 5000 instead of 20000 roughly

135k divided by 19 or 150k divided by 19
    Unless im mistaken both clubs still had restrictions in place that effected their first home matches then after that the restrictions were lifted . If that's the case which I'm pretty sure it is but will check , the fact we also had an extra top 6 match against the Old firm that the fun never enjoed would have surely offset that anyway .

Whichever way you slice it, to suggest the two clubs are about the same size is incorrect by nearly any measurement.

Season tickets sold
    Actual attendances (in both divisions)
    More recent silverware
    *other measurements available 😎

Is one club bigger by these measurements alone. Yes.

Whichever way you slice it, to suggest the two clubs are about the same size is incorrect by nearly any measurement.

Season tickets sold
    Actual attendances (in both divisions)
    More recent silverware
    *other measurements available ��

Is one club bigger by these measurements alone. Yes.
    I dont agree with any of that apart from the success of the two sides which happily in recent history we are way in front ..

For me season ticket sales can be higher at one club rather than another but if you end up with similar attendances is that really a factor .. im not so sure it is ?
    I know quite a few fellow arabs from outside of city who are season ticket holders but also a lot of regulars who attend dens who are local guys but don't have season tickets so perhaps the location of certain section of our fan base may also be reflected in that difference .

Either way i don't think season ticket sales give a true reflection if I'm being honest, its surely down to average attendances not who chooses to buy them up front .

While i do not doubt our average home attendances are better I still think that could quite easily swing the other way relatively quickly and easily given circumstances .

Dundee FC don't even own a stadium! They don't have any assets at all. Ok maybe a lawnmower.
    Dundee United own Tannadice and an impressive training facility.

Another measurement that demonstrates we're a bigger club.

I can't think of any measurement that could suggest they are of equal size.

Yes, using your logic if we have 50 years of abject failure things might change....😎

Average league winning season, 11,133, so 88-89 season looks the best, over 12,000.

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    Not really No.

The early league cup matches were still restricted then both clubs had their first home league match restricted but after that the restrictions were lifted for the entire season .
    Didn't we play sevco at Tannadice with a restricted attendance?

It's funny to think that as recently(?) as the 80s gates of just 20,000 were the norm at Parkhead & Ibrox. Was it a bigot-fest in the ensuing 40 years?

Dundee FC don't even own a stadium! They don't have any assets at all. Ok maybe a lawnmower.
    Dundee United own Tannadice and an impressive training facility.

Another measurement that demonstrates we're a bigger club.

I can't think of any measurement that could suggest they are of equal size.

Yes, using your logic if we have 50 years of abject failure things might change....😎
    By "impressive training facility", do you mean Gussie Park?

Page 155 of 189 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)