+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Bradford City 18.11.23 [EFL L2]

Some fans do indeed know which clubs have bigger budgets than others.

I do not know whether it is a far bigger budget than ours but Bradford City AFC do have a larger budget than Notts County FC.

Regardless of this we should be celebrating deservedly beating them, something the likes of Mansfailed and Wrexham failed to do earlier this season. It was game over at Half Time they could not live with us and looked so pedestrian. Maybe that is part of the reason for their current league placing.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

The question is, what do fans want? End-to-end entertainment, where it’s like a basketball match, or to suck the life out of the game and protect the 4-0 lead?
    Other options are available! 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 8-0 ?

It’s funny how we all see the game differently. I thought we were brilliant for the first 15 minutes and last 15 minutes of the first half, but let Bradford back into the game for a spell despite them being all over the place.

We then had a bad 15-20 minute spell at the start of the second half, embodied by the slack start where Cameron gave the ball away carelessly. LW was spot on when he talked about the lack of intensity in the second half. Given the fact that it’s a recurring pattern, it’s clearly not an easy one to resolve.

The question is, what do fans want? End-to-end entertainment, where it’s like a basketball match, or to suck the life out of the game and protect the 4-0 lead? There weren’t many around me urging us to kill the game and time waste yesterday, even in the last few minutes.
    I know which I prefer. I’ve said this before we have a bit of the “The coated one” about us in that if they score three we will score four. At the end of the day football is about scoring goals and more than the opposition. We have done that ten times already this season which is more than half the games we have played so are in a good place.

Im happy that we extended Langstaffs contract or renewed it, happy that McGoldrick has returned to the club, delighted we signed Crowley in the summer. Throw in Jones, Bostock, Nemane and you’ve got some quality creativity and firepower for this level.

Of course the club could have signed a defender or two but at what cost?

I don’t think 10,000 would be turning up each week if we were scraping 1-0 wins or 0-0 or 1-1 draws.

Of course there is room for improvement there always is. But we have to respect this league and its teams. It’s a massive challenge to get double promotion. Those that got us to this level deserved a chance to prove themselves as well. They may not all make it to the next level time will tell. Besides there is nothing to say that the next round of recruitment maybe more focused on the defensive aspects. That’s the only difference between us and Stockport right now, but let’s not forget they are a year in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I know which I prefer. I’ve said this before we have a bit of the “The coated one” about us in that if they score three we will score four. At the end of the day football is about scoring goals and more than the opposition. We have done that ten times already this season which is more than half the games we have played so are in a good place.

Im happy that we extended Langstaffs contract or renewed it, happy that McGoldrick has returned to the club, delighted we signed Crowley in the summer. Throw in Jones, Bostock, Nemane and you’ve got some quality creativity and firepower for this level.

Of course the club could have signed a defender or two but at what cost?

I don’t think 10,000 would be turning up each week if we were scraping 1-0 wins or 0-0 or 1-1 draws.

Of course there is room for improvement there always is. But we have to respect this league and its teams. It’s a massive challenge to get double promotion. Those that got us to this level deserved a chance to prove themselves as well. They may not all make it to the next level time will tell. Besides there is nothing to say that the next round of recruitment maybe more focused on the defensive aspects. That’s the only difference between us and Stockport right now, but let’s not forget they are a year in front of us.
    Good points.

It’s funny how we all see the game differently. I thought we were brilliant for the first 15 minutes and last 15 minutes of the first half, but let Bradford back into the game for a spell despite them being all over the place.

We then had a bad 15-20 minute spell at the start of the second half, embodied by the slack start where Cameron gave the ball away carelessly. LW was spot on when he talked about the lack of intensity in the second half. Given the fact that it’s a recurring pattern, it’s clearly not an easy one to resolve.

The question is, what do fans want? End-to-end entertainment, where it’s like a basketball match, or to suck the life out of the game and protect the 4-0 lead? There weren’t many around me urging us to kill the game and time waste yesterday, even in the last few minutes.
    This is how I saw it too. We were good in the first half but for good spells they caused us problems and got at us far too easily. Indeed, it was only that second goal that calmed us down a bit….if I remember correctly our second goal came on the break after they had a very good chance at our end. It could have been oh so different had that gone in.

I found a site that has Notts wage bill as the 17th highest in L2 @ 2.1m per year. Given the squad size, this could be fairly accurate as an average of £1800-£1900 per week.
    Wrexhams wage bill is unsurprisingly top @ 4.9m - but they have genuine replacements for all positions and probably have the most expensive players in the division in Mullins, Lee and McClean (most expensive)
    Some surprises were Gillingham @ 4.5m, Forest Green @ 4m.
    Lowest is Accy @ 1.6m

How accurate the information is, Lord only knows.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    Just reading through the threads and had to double check if we won yesterday.
    It’s like some of you can only see the negatives in a sea of positives.
    Yeah it was a poor second half. Bradford went for it and fair play to them. They should have been better than us in the second half, they barely moved in the first. I spent most of the 2nd half laughing at some of the blokes losing their minds.
    We won, we scored some exceptional goals, we’re 3rd, our manager isn’t going anywhere.
    What a great time to be a Notts fan….well, for some of us!
    Fully agree.

A great day for me yesterday - there's work to do but I can't understand the negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I found a site that has Notts wage bill as the 17th highest in L2 @ 2.1m per year. Given the squad size, this could be fairly accurate as an average of £1800-£1900 per week.
    Wrexhams wage bill is unsurprisingly top @ 4.9m - but they have genuine replacements for all positions and probably have the most expensive players in the division in Mullins, Lee and McClean (most expensive)
    Some surprises were Gillingham @ 4.5m, Forest Green @ 4m.
    Lowest is Accy @ 1.6m

How accurate the information is, Lord only knows.
    Just a quick (SWAG) calculation (Avg attendance 11k x avg ticket £12 x 23 games) comes out at 3m+. I think the home team keeps all the gate these days? Add in a bit of tele money and FA cup round wins and we look to be quite healthy?
    Be interesting if people can refine that apart?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Fully agree.

A great day for me yesterday - there's work to do but I can't understand the negativity.
    A great day for me as well, but I don't see why some of the comments have to be labeled as 'negativity'. Yesterday showed the best of us and the worst of us, and I've commented on both. I know we won, but there were certainly a few negatives and it would be weird if we all ignored them. If everyone said "we won, just enjoy it" there wouldn't be a lot to read on here!

It’s like some of you can only see the negatives in a sea of positives.

That's a fanstically brilliant way to sum up a very very small section of our fanbase. Yesterday's game has both good and bad but it is very bizarre to only focus and comment on the bad or only the good. The former even more bizarre when the result was a 4-2 home victory.

Thankfully it's a ****y proportion of the fans.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast