+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Gartenmann still my MOTM. Thought he played very well. Stuff the penalty - was extremely soft.
    You’re clearly a man who knows his football! 😅

Gartenmann had a good game. I'm giving MOTM to Devlin, like that loon a lot.

Have to say again, I'll be surprised if Miovski is still with us after January. The boy is class. Think he was carrying a knock before he went off and if so not to serious.

Sokler could have been an instant hero, but lack of match practice probably played a part in his one on one. I think will come good with more game time.

I had know idea what the penalty was for. I believe their was a slight tug of the shirt. We wouldn't have got it, but we all knew what was coming in the stadium.

Have to agree about the tactics in the second half, just asking for trouble and the Hun just aren't that good to deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    My impression is that, sadly, the orcs have made a decent managerial appointment for once. Nervous about today as a result and if I were Hollywood teeth I’d be looking over my shoulder. Yesterday’s result at murderwell wouldn’t have happened under Postie-cog-loo I don’t think.

As usual I just want to see us be organised, on the front foot and show a bit of fight and passion.
    I know nothing about their manager, but like the Jute, they always over egg the abilities of their managerial appointments abilities. Deluded f*cks.

Anyone who has Alex Rae as part of a coaching set up is bound to fail at some point, so hopefully we burst their bubble today and they go on a run if indifferent form. Then again they will always have referees to bail them out with a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    We were asking for that, to be fair. It was a minor miracle that we hadn't conceded before then.

Having said that, the idea we're meant to accept is that no hun defender ever grabs his opponent when facing corners/free kicks. It's pish. VAR never takes a look at them.
    Its corrupt reverse this last minute at Ibrox they are 1 nil up and we are attacking in their box never in a million years are we getting a penalty

would we even be allowed to win the cup final ?

Time that lot got their dream move to England and Scottish football is rid of them forever

No rangers player has ever tugged a shirt or hand balled it in the box, in 68 league games

It’s got to the point now that if you’re attending these games, you’re part of the problem. I’m going to sit them out after the cup final.

Can't comment too much as I haven't seen it yet but surely if we want to stop giving them excuses for penalties we shouldn't let them in the box as much?

Our midfield let us down today. Absolutely no composure when it's needed. Try and keep the ball for F*ck sake.

Wouldn't be without Shinnie in the team but he does run around like a headless chicken a lot. I can't believe he didn't get booked in the first half never mind the whole game. Need a tiny bit more from him in the bigger games.

It really is farcical that they, and lets not kid ourselves, only they would receive a penalty for that at that stage of the game. Not a chance in hell if it was down at their sh1tehole that ANY other team gets a penalty for that. To go 68 (and counting) league games without conceding a foul in your own box is nonsensical, everyone knows it's almost impossible for that to be a stat.

Yes we were the makers of our demise once again but you can't fault the players efforts and work rate, they put in one hell of a shift and going forward the team has to match that or we'll have fat Boyd spouting his p1sh again.

The whole defence was immense and yes Gartenmann focked it with his silly shirt pull but it doesn't detract from him being up there for MOTM contenders.

Don't know what it is with Shinnie this year but I've not been convinced that he's our best option in the middle and Barron would be a better choice. He can do a lot of what Shinnie can but also adds more technique and skill and ball retention than Shinnie and if we're looking to get him signing a new contract then he has to be playing as often as possible.

Miovski if he sees out the Jan window will be gone in the summer, some top clubs will come in for him and I for one wish him all the best when he does finally go. Best striker we've had since...... well you got to go back a long time to find someone better, especially for the price paid and not just for his goal scoring abilities.

I thought we played well in the first half and could have been 3-0 up,Sokler should have buried that effort.

Second half they were all over us but it looked like we were going to hold on until the Huns got their usual penalty.Haven’t seen it again but I heard it was soft.

It’s been mentioned already but the Huns haven’t conceded a penalty since January 2022 which was against us.There’s no way they haven’t fouled anyone in their box since then it’s embarrassing from the sfa.

I haven't seen the penalty yet but I was expecting them to get one. Football in this country is so predictable.

Everyone knows that Dallas was scouring the pictures to find any hint of an infringement in the box. Obviously, I don't have VAR camera coverage but undoubtedly at some point a hun will have a grab of a red shirt. I agree with Mondo though, we know what'll happen so just don't give the huns in the VAR room the chance, particularly in the final

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast