+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Raith (H) 16th Dec

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    if the tactic was punt it up to Moult and look for knockdowns not only is it a ****e way to play football its not going to work either
    Yeah, totally agree. I didn't think what I wrote was suggesting that at all. What I see is Holt/Gallacher bringing the ball forward, looking for a pass but there are no options. So they either hoof it forward and we lose the ball, or they go back to goal keeper who hoofs it forward and we lose it. The midfield are just not involved or don't make themselves available.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Yeah, totally agree. I didn't think what I wrote was suggesting that at all. What I see is Holt/Gallacher bringing the ball forward, looking for a pass but there are no options. So they either hoof it forward and we lose the ball, or they go back to goal keeper who hoofs it forward and we lose it. The midfield are just not involved or don't make themselves available.
    No wasnt meaning you were i was more commenting on what seemed to be the tactic on Saturday. As for your last point Tilson isnt the the type to want the ball lol

The last 15 minutes we got desperate, and the centre halves were trying to force the issue, hard to keep your composure. Lack of movement from up front and options in midfield didn't help Saturday, Docherty goes forward, Tilson is what he is unfortunately, a defensive mid who runs around like a headless chicken, that's not meant a dig at him, that is just his skill set, tbf, for his limitations, he did ok, got stuck in, but we def struggled offensively as a team. When Raith had their 15 spell strart of second half, their attacking players were all interchanging and linking up, we didn't seem have enough of that sat, Moult seemed on his own too much miles from the goal.

No guarantee we'd have been massively better though with Docherty, his reputation prob benefitting from not being in team, a bit like Sheep last season when Liam Smith was playing. He played against Spartans and QoS, was poor against Ayr, that might have been because he was getting back into groove, it's just frustrating for all concerned he can't get a run in the team, as it would def improve us, how much as I say I don't know cause he hasn't played regular enough.

I've got absolute no problem with hoofball the last 5-10 mins of a match btw, esp when you have spent most of the match trying to play one way as we did Saturday and get absolutely nowhere.

We must be very predicable for opposition managers, team selection and tactics, even down to our subs, though we do occasionally play 4-4-2.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)