+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kioso and McCart

Call em both back

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    I’m not saying he’s wrong, in fact that’s exactly what I think, just that he shouldn’t be saying anything like that. Look at us under Warne, the line then was always “X are his employers and it is their decision and we must abide by it” which is the correct thing to say. On the other hand, would a chance under new management to prove himself at a higher level also not be attractive to the player in getting a decent move in the summer?
    Beau, Kioso has no say in the matters. He is a Rotherham United player under contract to us end of. He might like it there simply because it's a lower level of football and he's found his level there. If they want him and he wants to say then get the money out Posh or Fry and Co or shut tfu.
    Last edited by Brin; 22-12-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Barry Fry might be right though,Kioso might not want to come back.That matters. Why would you want to leave a club where you are playing well,been made Captain and in a promotion push for a club that is fighting relegation and where you have never had a look in. His contract is up in the Summer so I wouldn't be surprised if we use the threat of recalling him to try and force Posh's hand in to submitting a bid and then use those funds elsewhere.Lets face it,if Posh feel he is that important they won't want to derail their promotion push.
    His contract isn’t up in the summer though, he signed a 3-year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Beau, Kioso has no say in the matters. He is a Rotherham United player under contract to us end of. He might like it there simply because it's a lower level of football and he's found his level there. If they want him and he wants to say then get the money out Posh or Fry and Co or shut tfu.
    Or arguably you end up with a demotivated player that doesn’t look out of place with our current squad

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or arguably you end up with a demotivated player that doesn’t look out of place with our current squad
    Either way if pisses Posh/Fry and Co off what could be better?

I wouldn't listen to a word Fry says. It is our decision and LR will make the decision that he thinks is right for us at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I wouldn't listen to a word Fry says. It is our decision and LR will make the decision that he thinks is right for us at this time.
    He's always been a gob s.hite. Now if kioso was for sale to us Fry would be saying they want 3-5 Million, how about we did the same silly thing?

If they want him and he wants to stay, then hold them to ransom and get the cheque book out.

Knowing RUFC though instead of it being an opportunity to get some money for a player they want to keep, or don't want to lose we'll look at it negatively and say oh, well we'd have an unhappy player who doesn't want to play for us so he'd be a bad egg, let him stay there. And be all soft about it.

I know what Peterboro woudl be doing if it was the other way around, they'd recall him to spite us and say make an offer. And then make us up it and pay way more than we would want

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    If they want him and he wants to stay, then hold them to ransom and get the cheque book out.

Knowing RUFC though instead of it being an opportunity to get some money for a player they want to keep, or don't want to lose we'll look at it negatively and say oh, well we'd have an unhappy player who doesn't want to play for us so he'd be a bad egg, let him stay there. And be all soft about it.

I know what Peterboro woudl be doing if it was the other way around, they'd recall him to spite us and say make an offer. And then make us up it and pay way more than we would want
    Indeed.

Most clubs say something like….he’s done really well since he’s been here and we’d like to keep him. But he’s Rotherham,s player and we are respectful of that….

Not Peterborough, public statements…..he doesn’t want to play for them, he was unhappy, we’ve not heard anything from our latest request to them, we’ve made him captain so he’s effectively ours now

LR has got them sussed by keeping them waiting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast