+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I've got a hunch Luke isn't leaving until our upward momentum really is spent. I don't think our present circumstances meet that criteria.

If the club doesn't do any decent recruiting in January, then I might begin to worry. But if we do he'd be nuts to take a big risk to move up. Look at IB. He will not want to repeat that roller coaster ride. His best long play is here for at least the end of this season.
    I agree - it would be a huge personal gamble for Luke to leave what is an excellent setup at Notts. He's adored here, and we're on an upwards trajectory. In terms of a club suiting him, it's about as good as it gets. That said, a move to Swansea would change his coaching profile overnight and probably triple his salary.

I hope he stays. The project is only just getting started, and he's the perfect man for the job. He's already a Notts legend, but he has the opportunity to become one of our all-time greatest managers/coaches if he sticks around and we continue to progress, which I think we will. If he manages to take us to the brink of the Championship, he'll be talked about alongside Sirrel and Warnock. But if he leaves, he'll leave with nothing but my gratitude and best wishes. What a guy.

Whatever happens, I trust the bros to guide us forward. They're the only irreplaceable part of this.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 30-12-2023 at 05:36 AM.