+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok - heartbreak but gotta take some positives from this

Ok - heartbreak but gotta take some positives from this

Tonight was always about "must not lose for me" - not must win.

Yes, heartbreaking with the timing and nature of the equaliser, but i think over the course of the season we will outpoint Luton.
    We cannot let heads drop and moral drop.

We turned it around when under pressure, something we will need to do more times this year. Tonight, we were shafted with the brown end of the stick for our troubles, but that wont always happen.

Weeks ago we thought we were dead and buried - but we are still just one win way from the edge of safety - a loss tonight would have been so hard.

Roll on the next match!

Quote Originally Posted by leftnutsack View Post
    Tonight, we were shafted with the brown end of the stick for our troubles, but that wont always happen.
    It does seem to be happening more to us than others though. How many points has VAR cost us, we should be well above Luton.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It does seem to be happening more to us than others though. How many points has VAR cost us, we should be well above Luton.
    Exactly - 100% agree.
    But, in my mind at least, that just tells me that we are going to continue to perform better than they will, and ultimately overtake them

Very optomistic post LNS but if you analyse the match we were second best to Luton in most departments-especially second balls.We are far too lightweight and give away far too many passes(usually near our own box) than can be allowed at this level.
    We are trying to play pure football without the talent necessary at this level and no matter how much time VK spends on the training ground with these players most of them simply will not reach that level-not for want of trying but simply because they dont have it in them.
    We dont have the necessary steely grit either that we often witnessed in SD teams.Make no mistake, we are going back to the Championship with less than 30 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Very optomistic post LNS but if you analyse the match we were second best to Luton in most departments-especially second balls.We are far too lightweight and give away far too many passes(usually near our own box) than can be allowed at this level.
    We are trying to play pure football without the talent necessary at this level and no matter how much time VK spends on the training ground with these players most of them simply will not reach that level-not for want of trying but simply because they dont have it in them.
    We dont have the necessary steely grit either that we often witnessed in SD teams.Make no mistake, we are going back to the Championship with less than 30 points.
    As fans, all we can do is be optimistic :-)

It WAS a must win game. A game at home against another struggling team. These are the games that we expect to win. This IS the business end of the season , where performances are not always important, but the results are. If we can’t win these type of games , what chance have we got ?
    Don’t go blaming the officials for our failure tonight. We weren’t good enough over 90 minutes, and that’s all that matters.
    Anyone who thinks we will stay up after a result like this, needs their heads examined.

Did you watch the match?
    This one match summed up our season.
    - Firstly team selection was crap - He ditched Cullen for Berge as not good enough, but tonight he is.
    - Gudmunson - squad player most season - not tonight
    - Al Daklihil - squad player - not tonight
    - Ekdal - now a right back
    I understand injuries forced the hand, but we spent 100mil on the squad!
    Tonight was just the story of the season a Naive Manager and naive players
    same soft mentality and lack of seeing a game though, lack of a real leader on the pitch, overall zero leadership on the pitch. When cullen and brownhill are the closest thing - there's not much leadership in them.
    again tonight our Naive manager thinks our defence is good enough to defend a 1:0 for 55mins (extra time)
    - AND some of you may think its harsh, but the amount of could have beens and if onlys this season.... it all boils down to our squad of players that out manager has put together has not been good enough on many metrics over 90mins..
    Luton bought big strong competitive players, we think we are the next Brighton and its just backfired so hard.
    forget " we will just bounce back next season" Kompany rolled a freak hand and loaned a few players that gelled and smashed it.. LUCK!
    PNE/ *******s stuck in that league for decades... it has been taken for granted.
    Last edited by FromTheDarkness; 12-01-2024 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Did you watch the match?
    This one match summed up our season.
    - Firstly team selection was crap… Kompany rolled a freak hand and loaned a few players that gelled and smashed it.. LUCK!
    What I was happy about tonight was that we started with our own players. I had a look at the bench, and from that 11 I reckon 5 will be with us next season. We need to let our own players compete in the PL if we are to grow the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    What I was happy about tonight was that we started with our own players. I had a look at the bench, and from that 11 I reckon 5 will be with us next season. We need to let our own players compete in the PL if we are to grow the team.
    Interested to know who you think will be here / gone? I was under the impression they all signed for the long term plan and we happened to get there to fast - so VK has said

Sorry from the 9 on the bench it should have been, not 11. But Im really unsure about every one of them. JRod and Cork are too old and out of contract in the summer. Don’t think we’ll sign them for longer. Tresor and Bruun Larsen are loan players until the summer. Don’t think we’ll sign them either. That leaves 5, but who knows about Roberts, Benson, Zaroury and Muric. I hope we hang on to zaroury at least.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)