+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok - heartbreak but gotta take some positives from this

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Very optomistic post LNS but if you analyse the match we were second best to Luton in most departments-especially second balls.We are far too lightweight and give away far too many passes(usually near our own box) than can be allowed at this level.
    We are trying to play pure football without the talent necessary at this level and no matter how much time VK spends on the training ground with these players most of them simply will not reach that level-not for want of trying but simply because they dont have it in them.
    We dont have the necessary steely grit either that we often witnessed in SD teams.Make no mistake, we are going back to the Championship with less than 30 points.
    I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago CiB, Luton have one thing we don't and it's called Ross Barkley. Never mind goalkeepers, they looked better than us, they had more possesion than us, and it was mainly down to him, we have no one even remotely with his class.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago CiB, Luton have one thing we don't and it's called Ross Barkley. Never mind goalkeepers, they looked better than us, they had more possesion than us, and it was mainly down to him, we have no one even remotely with his class.
    He was a class apart last night Sinkov.Long passing,vision,calmness on the ball-everything our midfielders do not have.Why was Berge not playing is a mystery to me.We were second best for most of the game as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    He was a class apart last night Sinkov.Long passing,vision,calmness on the ball-everything our midfielders do not have.Why was Berge not playing is a mystery to me.We were second best for most of the game as you say.
    Berge wasn't even on the bench, so I'm assuming he was injured or ill.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Berge wasn't even on the bench, so I'm assuming he was injured or ill.
    I'm sure he was sitting out the last of his three match ban for the ridiculous sending off against Villa.

Two yellows is just a one match ban. Whether or not these bookings meant he was suspended for picking up 6 bookings for aonother match is debatable.
    For the record, I heard that he was ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Two yellows is just a one match ban. Whether or not these bookings meant he was suspended for picking up 6 bookings for aonother match is debatable.
    For the record, I heard that he was ill.
    The VAR debacle left me feeling proper poorly mein freund.

We have dropped 18 pts from leading positions. BEYOND BELIEF!

Quote Originally Posted by leftnutsack View Post
    Exactly - 100% agree.
    But, in my mind at least, that just tells me that we are going to continue to perform better than they will, and ultimately overtake them
    Good to see a bit of optimism lns, Oderbert is a great find imo. Luton had more possession(an over rated stat I think) but we made the better chances

Ye and VK continues to try and see games out at 1:0 he converted to a back 5 and put Kolo upfront...
    We should have come out to score a second...we can not defend deep, this team needs to apply pressure, why is is trying to defend deep for 45mins..the personal are not there to do this...fcking noob manager honestly.

Another game when we replaced our only defensive wide man when we were 1-0 ahead and wenr on to lose points.
    Yes, he missed a chance in the first half, put a wayward cross in just before he came off, however, he had supprted both full backs during the match and we were left exposed for their goal yet again.
    I have added last night, however, just to remind you:-

JBG works hard and is far better defensively on the flank than any other of our wide players who, for some reason, seem to switch off to the job they need to be doing

JBG has started 10 games for us this season. One game he came off at half time with the score 1-2 ---we losr 2-5.
    Another game he came off after just 20 minutes at 0-0 --we lost 0-1.
    Another he came off on 81 minutes at 1-1 ---we lost 1-2.
    ANother he came off on 89 minutes at 0-1 ----we lost 0-2.
    Another he came off on 85 minutes at 1-0 ----we lost 1-2.
    Another he came off on 58 minutes at 1-0 ----we drew 1-1.
    Another he came off on 74 minutes at 2-2 ----we lost 2-3.
    Last night he came off on 74 minutes at 1-0 --we drew 1-1

Obviously more subs willl have come on, however, I still maintain that he is the best defensive winger we have and the reason he is picked on the right is to give Vitinho cover ---he often needs it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)