+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Changed again within 5 minutes, someone knows something.

Could the delay have been over him having his personal circumstances to sort before anything could be committed to?
    Well it is interesting someone is putting money down when the focus has shifted away from him the last week or so.
    I’d certainly get behind him, don’t care he’s currently part time, same as Warnock when he joined us. Clearly over achieving, clearly a good coach and if he ticks the box of being a good leader I would be more than happy.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’d certainly get behind him, don’t care he’s currently part time, same as Warnock when he joined us..
    A lot of people seem to think Warnock was managing in non-league when he joined us but Scarborough were in their 2nd season in the FL and were only 9 places below Notts (4th in tier 4) on the day he arrived at Notts, they'd beaten Portsmouth and drawn with Southampton in the League Cup (in the days when it was taken seriously) just a few months earlier.
    Wealdstone are currently 31 places below us.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well it is interesting someone is putting money down when the focus has shifted away from him the last week or so.
    I’d certainly get behind him, don’t care he’s currently part time, same as Warnock when he joined us. Clearly over achieving, clearly a good coach and if he ticks the box of being a good leader I would be more than happy.
    Good point about Warnock being part-time when he got the Notts job.

People need to relax and just wait for the white smoke to emerge from the back of the Pavis Stand when the new manager is anointed. It would be lovely if we can get someone who will be here for the long haul and not just 18 months, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Changed again within 5 minutes, someone knows something.

Could the delay have been over him having his personal circumstances to sort before anything could be committed to?
    Nobody knows anything, unless the Brothers or the CEO are having a cheeky bet . It's all speculation. Seriously, the amount of money that is being wagered is probably pittance and if I put a hundred quid on Buddy Holly to be the next manager, he'd probably be in the top 3 on the betting list.

That'll be the Day!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A lot of people seem to think Warnock was managing in non-league when he joined us but Scarborough were in their 2nd season in the FL and were only 9 places below Notts (4th in tier 4) on the day he arrived at Notts, they'd beaten Portsmouth and drawn with Southampton in the League Cup (in the days when it was taken seriously) just a few months earlier.
    Not wanting him to come won't stop it happening, unfortunately. Either it is a done deal or the odds have been affected by a few Notts fans putting bets on two or three individuals. It seems a fragile market, look how quickly Warnock (who I would much prefer) drifted. But maybe the club want people to actually apply, not 'put the word out on the grapevine'.

Whatever, as you say, Warnock was not a non-league part-time manager when he came to us. In fact, he was the first manager to lead a club out of Non-league by automatic promotion.

I saw an interview with Maynard discussing last weeks defeat at Ebbsfleet. Another Luke Williams, he ain't. But maybe the club can't afford a higher profile manager.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Scarborough had been part time for years but as you said they must have been full time when they got in the EFL.
    I just don’t get the negativity from some dismissing him because of his win %s and being at part time Wealdstone but on the same hand may welcome a coach who’s never managed in senior football.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    It would be lovely if we can get someone who will be here for the long haul and not just 18 months, though.
    Very much doubt they'll last long unless they're bang average and taking us nowhere but just doing enough to avoid the sack. There's too many clubs above us in the pyramid and the name "Notts County" carries more cred than most other teams in tier 4, so if we're doing well in this league, the manager will inevitably be linked with a move to a higher club most likely prepared to give them more say than they will get at Notts.
    So with that in mind, is it actually possible to map out a future in a game with so many unexpected variables and can we afford not to grasp opportunities when they present themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Nobody knows anything, unless the Brothers or the CEO are having a cheeky bet . It's all speculation. Seriously, the amount of money that is being wagered is probably pittance and if I put a hundred quid on Buddy Holly to be the next manager, he'd probably be in the top 3 on the betting list.

That'll be the Day!
    Quite right !

It all means Bo Diddley squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Not wanting him to come won't stop it happening, unfortunately. Either it is a done deal or the odds have been affected by a few Notts fans putting bets on two or three individuals. It seems a fragile market, look how quickly Warnock (who I would much prefer) drifted. But maybe the club want people to actually apply, not 'put the word out on the grapevine'.

Whatever, as you say, Warnock was not a non-league part-time manager when he came to us. In fact, he was the first manager to lead a club out of Non-league by automatic promotion.

I saw an interview with Maynard discussing last weeks defeat at Ebbsfleet. Another Luke Williams, he ain't. But maybe the club can't afford a higher profile manager.
    Good points. I mean, how much can we rely on the betting odds? Morten Dahm Kjaergaard is still second favourite! I think someone at the club has a sense of humour and they keep doing stuff like this, to keep us guessing.

The whole part time argument is nonsense IMO. It simply means he took work whilst trying to build his career in football. Like footballers… were Macca and Scott FT players before arriving at Notts?
    If he’s good enough, he’ll succeed

Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast