+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Great presser with Reedtz and Stuart

... yes, good interview. Some interesting views by SM. There was comment that we didn't need to sign defenders, just improve the team defending. This means some players are going to have to make adjustments to their game - which will be one of his first challenges; ie., how receptive will they be? I've gained the view that LW, for all his encouragement of players, couldn't/didn't 'encourage them to address the defensive problems (was it can't or won't?). I'm guessing that SM has one week to persuade the players to adjust their game. No doubt, as professionals, they will put in 100% to the next game, though. I'm concerned that if messrs Jones, Langstaff, Crowley and McGoldrick don't buy in to the SM approach we could be in for some turbulence; hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I for one, will behind SM. I loved Luke to bits but our away form and his rigid belief in his system was beginning to impede our progress
    Hopefully keeps the attacking football but is flexible enough to change when not working with either subs and/or change to shape and tactics.
    Still think we need 2-3 bodies through the doors though, it's about time the recruiting team earned their crust this window
    He was a one trick pony, who got found out....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    There was comment that we didn't need to sign defenders, just improve the team defending.
    Yes heard that but I put it down to him being diplomatic. Any suggestion that the defence doesn't need improving would be incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yes heard that but I put it down to him being diplomatic. Any suggestion that the defence doesn't need improving would be incredible!
    Exactly. Gone are the days of Cloughie "you're *** rubbish". Hopefully the Bros are working hard on the next phase now they've got their coach sorted. But meantime he's got to see what he's got and work with them (all).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567