+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Under 21's Game At Derby

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The point is, these kids are, or should be trying to make an impression so as to secure a future in football. Most of the time they didnt look bothered, with half hearted tackles and just giving up the chase...If thats there attitude then get rid..
    That pretty much sums up most kids/young adults today. They expect everything handed to them on a plate!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    That pretty much sums up most kids/young adults today. They expect everything handed to them on a plate!
    Yeah no grafters in our generation just like there's not a shed load of dossers from yours....

I get that durham, but, but I wager that game played, 50 times over would not have ended with the same result or attitude from the players. I didn't notice any of our star U21 's playing, but could be wrong given the wacky stuff I am on athe moment 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I get that durham, but, but I wager that game played, 50 times over would not have ended with the same result or attitude from the players. I didn't notice any of our star U21 's playing, but could be wrong given the wacky stuff I am on athe moment ��
    Good to see you back Magpies1959, Hope the recovery goes well..

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Yeah no grafters in our generation just like there's not a shed load of dossers from yours....
    Can't say I know any dossers from my generation, most have worked hard all their lives and are reaping the rewards. Unlike the latest labourer a mate took on who just sat around doing sod all on his phone all day so got the boot and wondered why

Sorry but Rams have some very talented and athletic footballers. Saw them at Ilson in a pre-season friendly , very positive ,quick ,skilful and strong.
    Notts in comparison looked a shambles and no match physically or psychologically .

Cheers durham, Doing my best to hang in there, makes it very frustrating to know how far I can follow the journey 😊

They played first teamers, we played an actual youth team. Also, remember that whilst we maintained an academy during the NL years, we lost the best players to EFL academies as we had no protections against them poaching those players. It will take years to recover

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Sorry but Rams have some very talented and athletic footballers. Saw them at Ilson in a pre-season friendly , very positive ,quick ,skilful and strong.
    Notts in comparison looked a shambles and no match physically or psychologically .
    They aren't a match. Derby are a L1 club and have been well resourced whilst we had the leftovers to pick from as the U21s were picked when we were a non league club.
    11-1 is a terrible result but in youth matches it happens especially when there's a physical gulf as well as a talent gap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12