+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lease

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    The council own John Smiths. Spent nothing, needs MILLIONS spending on it to bring up acceptable standards. Kirklees with a BIG deficit……………. Will sell to the Yank buyer.

And the same will happen here.
    Along with Cole definitely playing there.
    As you say.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The way I see it is that it secures the club's future at Oakwell for the next 30 years which is good news .

I don't really think this is world changing news and I don't expect to see anything different other than the ground will get a lick of paint every summer .
    Yer slowly changing yer tune.
    I’m not expecting any positive comments.
    But a neutral comment makes a welcome change.

Was Ahmad's "Big News" worth all that waiting and hype ?

It will all be forgotten by Friday.

We move on.

Load of PR bullshyte from Ahmad as usual.
    Glad he’s gone waste a snap n bacca for me.

Hope the new appointee/s fare better.

Transfer news incoming would be most welcome or otherwise forget a promotion push.

Everyone at the club and Barnsley Council seem to be happy.
    My one concern is only this.
    Local authorities are not renowned for their business acumen.
    If there’s any future development of Oakwell then the council would do well to follow the lead of the directors at the football club.
    I can see conflicts occurring on this.

But - and it’s a big but - we have seen and heard the press conference and everyone is happy.
    We haven’t seen all the details within the contract itself.
    So one can only assume with all the smiling faces that this sort of thing has been thrashed out in the contract - hence the length of time it’s taken to put together.

Also.
    I again feel so sorry for Jean being put in the spotlight.
    As can clearly be seen - she finds it very uncomfortable.
    As much as I admire James contribution to the club - for the sake of 5 minutes infront of a microphone then you would think he could step forward and help his mother out.

One can only assume he’s beyond shy.
    Which I’ve come across numerous times before - brilliant brain - very awkward in social situations.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Was Ahmad's "Big News" worth all that waiting and hype ?

It will all be forgotten by Friday.

We move on.
    I would suppose that’s whether you are a person that plans for a better brighter future - or you a person that just lives from day to day wondering when you will be sat in front of your next plate of pie and chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Everyone at the club and Barnsley Council seem to be happy.
    My one concern is only this.
    Local authorities are not renowned for their business acumen.
    If there’s any future development of Oakwell then the council would do well to follow the lead of the directors at the football club.
    I can see conflicts occurring on this.

But - and it’s a big but - we have seen and heard the press conference and everyone is happy.
    We haven’t seen all the details within the contract itself.
    So one can only assume with all the smiling faces that this sort of thing has been thrashed out in the contract - hence the length of time it’s taken to put together.

Also.
    I again feel so sorry for Jean being put in the spotlight.
    As can clearly be seen - she finds it very uncomfortable.
    As much as I admire James contribution to the club - for the sake of 5 minutes infront of a microphone then you would think he could step forward and help his mother out.

One can only assume he’s beyond shy.
    Which I’ve come across numerous times before - brilliant brain - very awkward in social situations.
    Barnsley Council have a duty to spend the taxpayers money of Barnsley in projects that benefit the vast majority of people who reside in this borough , they are expected to attain value for money whilst providing first class services and projects .The

They are accountable and I do mean accountable , they are accountable to the electorate of this borough and to Central Government irrespective of which party is in power .

I think you should digest the words in the above paragraphs and start to navigate your head around the fact that Barnsley Council are now the club's landlord 100% and as a result they will maintain the stadium to a decent enough standard , it won't fall in to disrepair and become unsafe for instance .

You'd be well advised to forget any vanity projects such as new stands , more corporate facilities , improved media facilities or any other non essential expenditure .

You might also want to reflect on your accusation that Local authorities don't have any business acumen , most have had 50% of their budget removed under the Tories since 2010 .

The council is a capable landlord and this particular council have a solid record of first class maintenance of their properties that are rented by their tenants .

That's about the gist of this agreement announced yesterday .

It would be an extremely naive person who thought the club have just found the goose who laid the golden eggs .

Barnsley Council won't do the club over but neither will they be spending taxpayers money on something that three quarters of the town won't ever use or have any desire to .

Animal - I have seen at first hand how local authorities work.
    Not just Barnsley - dozens of them throughout England and Wales.
    Diplosarous dinosaurs are lighter on their feet.
    Vast majority haven’t a clue how people in private enterprise work.
    But - as I posted on here a week or so ago - I bumped into Sir Steve and thanked him for the terrific job they had done in town.

Not all councils have been hit by 50% cuts.
    But Barnsley has been hit the hardest in the country.
    So they have done extremely well under the circumstances.

It told us in the press conference where the money is coming from.
    It won’t be rate payers.
    And also where potential funding will be coming from.

When I read the club statement, I was firmly of the the same opinion as you Animal - yes this is how the Cryne's have finally received what's owed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I would suppose that’s whether you are a person that plans for a better brighter future - or you a person that just lives from day to day wondering when you will be sat in front of your next plate of pie and chips.
    As far as I can see Nudge the club has moved from being a shared ownership (50%) resident at Oakwell to being a 100% rental tenant at an increased rent on a short lease.

Jean Cryne has got what is rightly hers in respect of the ground and now only waits for the £2.75 million left from those who have not yet paid the purchase price for the club going right back to Dec 2017.

Could you please give to a non businessman like me a summary of what exactly are the new benefits to the football club ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast