+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The new Toyota engine the motor industry is afraid of.

Yep fake grist.
    Seen it before.

I blame their vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, and it still doesn’t answer that question
    Good point. Over to you brin.

They do have a hydrogen-powered car, the Toyota Mirai, which you fill up with liquid hydrogen.

Running costs are the same as petrol but the only emissions it produces is water.

The problem is, there are only 11 hydrogen filling stations in the UK ATM.

As for the "water-powered engine", I think that's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They do have a hydrogen-powered car, the Toyota Mirai, which you fill up with liquid hydrogen.

Running costs are the same as petrol but the only emissions it produces is water.

The problem is, there are only 11 hydrogen filling stations in the UK ATM.

As for the "water-powered engine", I think that's nonsense.
    Yep but frog and brin are on white lightening

This ai *******s you can film or make up any crap.use your brains FFS. Frog and brin are believers.
    Jeez watered powered engines. Ok where can I buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    This ai *******s you can film or make up any crap.use your brains FFS. Frog and brin are believers.
    Jeez watered powered engines. Ok where can I buy one?
    If using one’s brain and keeping an open mind, the oil industry, car manufacturers and most advanced countries, wouldn’t want this type of technology, to see the light of day.

Not saying this is possible but I’d wager a limb or two technology does exist, that won’t be brought to market because it’s impossible to monetise it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    India? If you are going to mock Brin at least get the nationality right. As for the moon landings, 100% certain they occurred. I should know, I was there to greet them
    CAM, I stand corrected it was indeed Japan. Like how they’ve plastered pictures all over the place showing it on its head…..who’s out there to take the picture? CAM…. CAM wtf are you doing on the moon? Get home now your lass is shouting you.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    If using one’s brain and keeping an open mind, the oil industry, car manufacturers and most advanced countries, wouldn’t want this type of technology, to see the light of day.

Not saying this is possible but I’d wager a limb or two technology does exist, that won’t be brought to market because it’s impossible to monetise it.
    Yes like there is a cure for the common cold, but people being paid to keep quiet etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, I stand corrected it was indeed Japan. Like how they’ve plastered pictures all over the place showing it on its head…..who’s out there to take the picture? CAM…. CAM wtf are you doing on the moon? Get home now your lass is shouting you.
    It's actually quite cool if you look it up. The lander released two other robots as it came down. One, which took the picture is literally a ball. It's about baseball size but looks like those things out of Terrahawks if anyone remembers that. the other is the comms link back to Earth which is how they've seen the pictures and know what happened. The hope is now they know where it is, they'll be able to switch it back on if the sun is likely to hit it and it will be able to power up using solar.

Top Gear did a feature on how hydrogen cars would be the future 20 years ago. Probably better for the environment than getting all those Chinese kids to mine cobolt for batteries too. The "engine the motor industry is afraid of" tells you it's porkies.

It's clear clickbait. Apart from which the car industry wouldn't car, they just want to sell you a car. The energy companies on the other hand, would have, but they are all doing nicely out of batteries so unlikely.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast