+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline (h)

If we had Haaland, Foden and Grealish in our forward line, Jim Goodwin would f*cking ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Gained a point on RR.

However, today was a good chance missed for 3 points.

I understand it's hard to break down organised teams. And that's what we face every home game at Tannadice.

But we move on in poll position. I expect us to improve as Spoony and Greive get used to their team mates and start blending in.

It certainty is and will continue to be at home when we don't get in front, Raith also only won 5 at home, the crowd don't help unfortunately if we don't get the lead early then they boo like feck at the end like we've lost, not ideal, never used to do that 10 years ago, reeks of toys out the pram tantrum stuff

Started very well and were all over them to begin but tempo disappeared after 20 mins, when we didn't get the opener then you knew it would be a slog, Walton had to make a clever save late first

Dunfermline have a good few players back from injury and are a difficult well organised team when they do, they'll get back on track from here

Picked it up towards the end and Mehmet made a very good save to deny us the late winner

A couple players need to get back upto speed and gold be difficult finding the right blend now we have lots of options

The positive is another cleansheet (5 in last 6) and we've gained a point on Raith and Partick haven't gained anything either, a month ago we were 5 behind Raith with a game in hand, now a point ahead with a game in hand, that game in hand is next week at Ayr, Scott browns first home game incharge, gonna be tough but we have a very good away record

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It certainty is and will continue to be at home when we don't get in front, Raith also only won 5 at home, the crowd don't help unfortunately if we don't get the lead early then they boo like feck at the end like we've lost, not ideal, never used to do that 10 years ago, reeks of toys out the pram tantrum stuff

Started very well and were all over them to begin but tempo disappeared after 20 mins, when we didn't get the opener then you knew it would be a slog, Walton had to make a clever save late first

Dunfermline have a good few players back from injury and are a difficult well organised team when they do, they'll get back on track from here

Picked it up towards the end and Mehmet made a very good save to deny us the late winner

A couple players need to get back upto speed and gold be difficult finding the right blend now we have lots of options

The positive is another cleansheet (5 in last 6) and we've gained a point on Raith and Partick haven't gained anything either, a month ago we were 5 behind Raith with a game in hand, now a point ahead with a game in hand, that game in hand is next week at Ayr, Scott browns first home game incharge, gonna be tough but we have a very good away record
    I have been staying away cause people go tonto when i do comment, But not meaning to be nasty but you sure your not on Morphine, has to be something close.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Good to hear that "The Lads" were not responsible for another failure at Tannadice today.The fans really need to get a grip as they threw away another 2 points against a run of the mill shyte Championship outfit,shame on them.

We have been lucky again with results elsewhere going in our favour. I am not sure if it is Goodwin or the players on the field....but something is happening that seems to make us unable to get up to speed with these important games. The entire team and management require a massive rocket up there erses. We constantly have the manager asking for good backing from the fans for the home games...but we are being consistently short changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    I have been staying away cause people go tonto when i do comment, But not meaning to be nasty but you sure your not on Morphine, has to be something close.

Ha ha "craigbrew"

Just you post your valued opinion on the game and not sidetrack the thread

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    We have been lucky again with results elsewhere going in our favour. I am not sure if it is Goodwin or the players on the field....but something is happening that seems to make us unable to get up to speed with these important games. The entire team and management require a massive rocket up there erses. We constantly have the manager asking for good backing from the fans for the home games...but we are being consistently short changed.

If we fail to finish top then I'll feel short changed, if we get top position where the vast majority of pts come on the road, I'll take it, it's disappointing to drop 2 pts at home again, would really put daylight between us and Raith, however in this league these results happen regular even for sides who go onto win the division

What is our return from our home games...and do you think that is acceptable? If we were flying out the traps and just being unlucky... then I would be far more accepting of our home performances. Some of these players were responsible for our relegation last year, so you would think that they would want to fight tooth and nail to get the wins for the fans. I just don't see that desire or the bravery. We show it in flashes but never consistently. We always seem to perform at 80% and just hope that it will be enough to scrape a win....and I put JG in that bracket as well. We need leaders on and off the park, and I feel that some players are hiding. The points dropped at home are the difference between us romping this league and us being dragged into a promotion battle that I am not sure that these players have the heart for. The players and managers need to give their heads a wobble. The fans deserve better!!! We are a point better off...but that was definitely another 2pts dropped!

stats were mega for possession etc... but stats don't win games and I'd rather see at least a backup plan like route one footy we need a bit of dig about us to get the 3 points.

Horrendous performance, 5 wins from 11 at home , simply not good enough, brings on 2 subs but doesn’t change shape of team , screaming out to go 4-4-2 , how Middleton continues to start is baffling , I could go on but raging

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)