+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: If not LR then who?

Mansfield,Barrow next season in league 1, consolidation a top ten finish.

My take is that any Rotherham manager should only be judged on his performance in League 1.
    We haven't established ourselves in the second tier since the 50's.
    Sometimes all the ducks line up with decent squad and manager and we flirt with bigger aspirations, and that's fine but realistically we are forever punching above our weight. I can't see the point of the manager merry go round. The paying off managers contracts to replace with another of same calibre with same budget makes no sense for a club of our finances.
    For that reason I believe we should have stuck with MT and let him have a crack in our natural environment. We didn't so now we get behind LR and give him that opportunity.

Is it a coincidence that the most successful managers for us always seemed to be strong,vivacious characters or have a past link to the club? McEwan,Moore,Evans,Warnock,Warne. Bland never seems to work irregardless of what their tactical and management abilities may or may not be. Redfearn,Stubbs,Jackett,Taylor.

Is it a coincidence that the most successful managers for us always seem to be strong,vivacious characters or have a past link to the club? McEwan,Moore,Evans,Warnock,Warne. Bland never seems to work irregardless of what their tactical and management abilities may or may not be. Redfearn,Stubbs,Jackett,Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Is it a coincidence that the most successful managers for us always seemed to be strong,vivacious characters or have a past link to the club? McEwan,Moore,Evans,Warnock,Warne. Bland never seems to work irregardless of what their tactical and management abilities may or may not be. Redfearn,Stubbs,Jackett,Taylor.
    An ex player in the mcewan era told me the week after he had a right go at them in the dressing room when we won 4-0 at grinsby,never really got it at time.but get it now in a reverse psychology kind of way…

As warnock keeps saying 95% of football is in the head.

Excluding jackett as he wasn”t here long enough.but the others you mentioned had a style of play but would not change philosophy,they probably got told to stick with their principles on coaching courses which in some respects is a good trait but it wasn’t working and when it needed to be,Taylor did it at the end of the season after pushback form his staff Jon hilll In particular…then he left and Dan green was brought in MT wanted to play a certain way and we never have the players to do that at RUFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I agree, I said something similar when were in the process of appointing a new manager. I'm prepared to give LR the benefit of the doubt for now. I get the impression there's a bit of 'if you can't say anything nice...' about his interviews at the moment and you can't really expect him to say 'I've inherited a bag of sh*te and it's just damage limitation until May'. We might see a bit more from him when it's his team. It's only a small gesture, but coming out a few minutes early to applaud the fans shows he's making some effort to build a connection with the fans.

Talk of changing the manager is mad,Richardson must be given a chance, as much as I can't take to him.
    What worries me is lack of any passion or enthusiasm in interviews,is he like this with the players ?
    When you're in the sh*t you need leaders who can galvanise a squad and make them perform above themselves, can he do this ?
    And,where were the attacking players we needed in January, it does seem like he was/is resigned to us going down, which is worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    And,where were the attacking players we needed in January, it does seem like he was/is resigned to us going down, which is worrying.
    I'm not making excuses, but could it be as simple as none wanted to come to a club in our league position? I wouldn't blame them.

MT had to go he * in the summer towards end of his management we were clueless on the pitch. LR he's got to suffer the consequences till end of this season then judge him next season when he can rebuild the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Talk of changing the manager is mad,Richardson must be given a chance, as much as I can't take to him.
    What worries me is lack of any passion or enthusiasm in interviews,is he like this with the players ?
    When you're in the sh*t you need leaders who can galvanise a squad and make them perform above themselves, can he do this ?
    Don’t think anyone is suggesting he needs to go more that we seem intent on not giving it a go.
    That’s on him he chooses the set up.
    My fear is that he won’t get cut much slack if this approach continues game in game out.
    The comparisons to MT is that we’ve got worse since he went not necessarily that he shouldn’t have gone.
    The minimum requirement should be to try and get up the pitch and score. We’re not doing that it’s all get to halfway line and go back again.
    He doesn’t need to go but he needs to try and get us to win a game.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast