+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crewe Alexandra FC 24.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Basically SM has to win on Tuesday for his own sake more than anything.

I hope he turns it around but my concern is how slow we are at moving the ball now its a huge worry.
    I was thinking the same, he may struggle to stay in the job until the end of the season at this rate!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Saying LW's record was just as bad makes no sense. Apart from the fact he was on his way near the end so focus wasn't there, we won 5-0 against Morecambe, a decent side, 2 games before the end. Telecomms engineer Maynard will never win 5-0 if he stays until we're all dead. Which, given a 3.5 year contract, may be the case for some of us. It's a terrible appointment, just face facts.
    Correct on LW as I said he is levels above SM we can all see that with performances, his rapport with fans and his personality.

I have nothing against SM but performances especially at home are dire and that isnt an opinion its a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Kinnell. A large dose of win-at-all-costs passion needed on Tuesday. Sigh...
    Something we haven't seen for a while.passion
    A captain that's mute. A clueless manager. Extremely bad recruitment. Currently we are not building for the future we are demolishing all the hard work

Well...

I'm officially unimpressed with our position in the league at present. I think any talk of replacing our new manager is premature though, unless we find ourselves in a relegation battle which would be completely unacceptable (and does not seem remotely likely right now either)
    Last edited by Jampie; 24-02-2024 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Well...

I'm officially unimpressed with our position in the league at present. I think any talk of replacing our new manager is premature though, unless we find ourself in a relegation battle which would be completely unacceptable (and does not seem remotely likely right now either)
    We have zero chance of going down this season.

The problem is how we end this one as if we really struggle we could be bang in trouble next season especially as ML/JJ will almost certainly go.

Utter utter garbage today, this manager is taking us backwards, totally clueless, slow, predictable, passing back it's burchnall but far worse

Shocking performance, whether SM is causing it or not some of these players need to look at themselves.
    Bostock for the first was pathetic and that’s being kind, not alert and then absolutely no effort to get out.
    Bostock again and Baldwin competing for the same ball with no Crewe player even near.
    Felt for Macari on the third but Nemane just trotting around.
    You have to win your key battles and this side at times are inept at it, how do you go from performing like that at Newport to this?

[QUOTE=legs77;40456327]We have zero chance of going down this season.

I wish I shared your confidence! We are the worst team in the league on current form.

We have so many problems, where to start?

Confidence is obviously on a downward spiral. All the system changes are a far cry from the certainty and clear identity we had under LW. In the short-term this will sow confusion and further erode SM's authority and the confidence the squad has in him. It's unravelled in front of our own eyes.

Grim

Maynard won't get sacked, but it's going to become extremely uncomfortable if he cant get 3 points v Sutton. Normally you get a new manager bounce and that manager will enjoy one of his better sequences of results early on, Allardyce being the obvious exception that proves the rule.

Yes SM has had tough fixtures but that's offset by the fact most managers arrive with the club struggling at the wrong end of the table under pressure to get points to survive. We were 6th the day he arrived.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast