+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: More time?

Sick of this club being stuck in the basement and non league, it's been 10 years since we played in League One and frankly it feels further away than ever, I know a few Lincoln fans and it's horrible them lording it over me and given their result today next week's gonna be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We’re not going up this season, we’re not going down, so I would give him the next three away games and Salford at home to turn things around. If the performances are still dire, he has to go and give JOB the job until the end of the season. We then have time to get the right person in for pre-season, which is going to be huge given the deficiencies that are now glaringly obvious.
    Me too - he has to win at least one of the next four games and the team show some belief and positivity in the games - and that is being generous to SM

We've got a real life 🧛*♂️ vampire on our hands, he's sunk his teeth into the cavalier playing style and sucked the lifeblood out of the team.
    Better 5 5 than 0 2 1 3 0 1 etc

We’re not going up this season, we’re not going down, so I would give him the next three away games and Salford at home to turn things around. If the performances are still dire, he has to go and give JOB the job until the end of the season. We then have time to get the right person in for pre-season, which is going to be huge given the deficiencies that are now glaringly obvious.
    I think this underestimates the ever-increasing pressure that builds in squads, when they need their bosses to go. It'll only get worse and worse, we'll lose every game now until the boil is lanced - IMO even just 4 more games of this and the boil becomes a volcano. Everybody needs the blessed release of this being put out of its misery

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Sick of this club being stuck in the basement and non league, it's been 10 years since we played in League One and frankly it feels further away than ever, I know a few Lincoln fans and it's horrible them lording it over me and given their result today next week's gonna be even worse.
    Tell me about it
    Ever since i was a young lad in the 90.s i have dreamed of Notts returning to the top 2 tiers, i have been waiting nearly 30 years

I genuinely believe that Notts have now passed the point of no return. The damage being done by the manager to the players and in turn the supporters is undoing everything that has been achieved by the Brothers in the last few years. Action is required tonight, and NW6Pie is correct in suggesting JOB looks after the team for the remainder of the season. This action would stabilise the team, provide confidence to the supporters, and; give the Reedtz Brothers time to get the structure right for season 24/25.

Four home league defeats on the trot is only one short of the all time club record.

A list of all four-on-the-bounce home league loss sequences since 1960........

Steve Thompson
    1. 05/Dec/2006 v HARTLEPOOL U. 0:1
    2. 09/Dec/2006 v MACCLESFIELD 1:2
    3. 22/Dec/2006 v HEREFORD 0:1
    4. 01/Jan/2007 v CHESTER 1:2

Ian McParland
    1. 17/Mar/2009 v GILLINGHAM 0:1
    2. 04/Apr/2009 v CHESTER 1:2
    3. 13/Apr/2009 v GRIMSBY TOWN 0:2
    4. 25/Apr/2009 v DAGENHAM & R. 0:3

Ince - Heggs - Allen
    1. 08/Mar/2011 v PETERBOROUGH 0:1
    2. 19/Mar/2011 v BRISTOL ROV 0:1
    3. 02/Apr/2011 v OLDHAM ATH. 0:2
    4. 05/Apr/2011 v ROCHDALE 1:2
    5. 16/Apr/2011 v BOURNEMOUTH 0:2

Shaun Derry
    1. 22/Nov/2014 v YEOVIL TOWN 1:2
    2. 13/Dec/2014 v SWINDON TOWN 0:3
    3. 16/Dec/2014 v PRESTON NE 0:1
    4. 26/Dec/2014 v MILTON KEYNES 0:1

Shaun Derry again in the same season!
    1. 24/Jan/2015 v PETERBOROUGH 1:2
    2. 07/Feb/2015 v CHESTERFIELD 0:1
    3. 17/Feb/2015 v SHEFFIELD UTD 1:2
    4. 28/Feb/2015 v PORT VALE 0:1

Stuart Maynard
    1. 09/Feb/2024 v GILLINGHAM 1:3
    2. 24/Feb/2024 v CREWE ALEX. 1:3
    3. 27/Feb/2024 v SUTTON UTD 3:4
    4. 09/Mar/2024 v WIMBLEDON 0:2

I have no issues with people wanting the coach out it's their opinion. I do however take issue with people that are saying 'the players aren't playing for him, they don't respect him' sorry if that's true it's not the coach that is the issue it's the players. I don't want players at Notts, that only put a shift in as and when it suits. The harsh reality is this squad was never good enough for promotion. The defenders bar Baldwin and Macari are NL level. Sam Slocombe starting a L2 game in 2024 WOW! Maynard certainly isn't perfect but the problem is way over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I have no issues with people wanting the coach out it's their opinion. I do however take issue with people that are saying 'the players aren't playing for him, they don't respect him' sorry if that's true it's not the coach that is the issue it's the players. I don't want players at Notts, that only put a shift in as and when it suits. The harsh reality is this squad was never good enough for promotion. The defenders bar Baldwin and Macari are NL level. Sam Slocombe starting a L2 game in 2024 WOW! Maynard certainly isn't perfect but the problem is way over his head.
    It's not about being good enough for promotion. We've seen what the players are capable of when they're at their best - why do you think the players haven't been anywhere close to their best?

I'd be mightily relieved to find out he's gone tonight.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast