+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Anderson to Reform & Gaza

Lee Anderson to Reform & Gaza

Bet this news that Anderson is going to Reform will worry the Tories. He’s a well liked MP so could be interesting.

In terms of Gaza am I missing something? Further demonstrations this week costing millions and many saying our government and the USA are not doing anything! Now let me think ..,….,

Who is dropping all the food aid and building a port for the ship to come in?

Is it the other rich neighbouring countries like Saudi - Qatar - UAE etc! No! I thought all these countries were of the same religion and many say brothers! Surely they would be desperate to help their Palestinian brothers and provide shelter in their rich beyond belief countries?

On the other hand whilst it’s all very sad - why therefore are the Americans and the U.K. getting involved?

Can somebody enlighten me please? What am I missing after the disaster called Afghanistan when nothing was achieved!

Lee Anderson's well liked? By whom and when did this happen? I can only imagine he's bought a mirror so that he can admire himself and his own opinions in a light of his choosing. The bellenderous c@ckw@mble.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Lee Anderson's well liked? By whom and when did this happen? I can only imagine he's bought a mirror so that he can admire himself and his own opinions in a light of his choosing. The bellenderous c@ckw@mble.

Cleverly likes him as do other MP’s in the Tory party. I don’t have an opinion on him and his comments about Khan were wrong to be made public but many would say the truth hurts. Horrible despicable individual is Khan and he should get his own house in order starting with the Met!

The point to be made though with Anderson going to Reform - I bet more MP’s will follow and the party will definitely grow.

Me? Not voting as all w ankers! Do believe though illegal immigration getting out of control and don’t understand why we are over involving ourselves in the affairs of a Middle East country when they have wealthy bro’s next door!

The whole Gaza protest thing is driven by islamists and the far left, as I genuinely can’t see what they want to achieve? Israel are open to a cease fire, Hamas do not want one, so what are they going on about? None of the Arab states want anyone from Gaza as they know they are ridden with Islamic fundamentalists. Solidarity my a r s e..
    As for Reform, they will take votes from the tories and hand the election to Labour.

I’ve not got a view either way on this bloke as I don’t know enough about him.

What I will say is that it seems like “free speech” is only allowed for anyone who supports Palestine and is anti Israel.

For the record, I think Netanyahu is a rabid nutter and pretty much as bad as Hamas.

The vitriol towards anyone that questions the support for Palestine and who is upset about the level of protest is quite astounding.

I’m reminded of a famous quote from a book that bored the fk out of me when I was forced to read it at school, George Orwell’s Animal Farm…..

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others”.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    The whole Gaza protest thing is driven by islamists and the far left, as I genuinely can’t see what they want to achieve? Israel are open to a cease fire, Hamas do not want one, so what are they going on about? None of the Arab states want anyone from Gaza as they know they are ridden with Islamic fundamentalists. Solidarity my a r s e..
    As for Reform, they will take votes from the tories and hand the election to Labour.
    Not sure I agree with all of that. Certainly I would agree that Islamic extremists and the far left are taking full advantage of the situation and behind the more unacceptable or anti-Semitic aspects of the protests but I personally still believe that the majority of those who want a ceasefire are far more centrist and genuinely wish for it because of purely humanitarian concerns and are not after the destruction of Israel as some of the press would have us believe.

As for Hamas, I don't disagree with anything I've seen you post about them and they've made no bones about their aims. Their heinous crimes and actions speak for themselves and they certainly have no concerns for the continued suffering of ordinary Palestinians in Gaza who do not share their doctrine. Similarly, you are quite right about the Arab states who have no truck with Hamas (even Iran, the power behind the so called "axis of resistance (evil)" are being careful about what they say publicly in supporting them) .

It's true that an increasing number of Israelis are becoming more open to a ceasefire as part of growing concerns over not only the loss of innocent lives in Gaza but also over Netanyahu's strategies which do not seem to be working in terms of getting the hostages back, but Netanyahu himself is still refusing to consider it. Sadly, nothing will happen until both Hamas and Netanyahu change their minds although the pressure on Netanyahu on the home front is now mounting. If-or when-Israel agrees to a ceasefire maybe Hamas will follow suite but it is, rightly or wrongly, down to Israel to take the lead on this I think.

From what I've read of Anderson, I'm with 68 on this and think the bloke is a k nob. That said, I'm sure he will appeal to those on the right of the Tory party and to those moving their support to Reform. And yes, this division will play its part in any Labour victory although the over-riding reason for this will surely be down to tactical voting driven by the sheer disillusionment of the majority of the voting population with the Conservative party.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Not sure I agree with all of that. Certainly I would agree that Islamic extremists and the far left are taking full advantage of the situation and behind the more unacceptable or anti-Semitic aspects of the protests but I personally still believe that the majority of those who want a ceasefire are far more centrist and genuinely wish for it because of purely humanitarian concerns and are not after the destruction of Israel as some of the press would have us believe.

As for Hamas, I don't disagree with anything I've seen you post about them and they've made no bones about their aims. Their heinous crimes and actions speak for themselves and they certainly have no concerns for the continued suffering of ordinary Palestinians in Gaza who do not share their doctrine. Similarly, you are quite right about the Arab states who have no truck with Hamas (even Iran, the power behind the so called "axis of resistance (evil)" are being careful about what they say publicly in supporting them) .

It's true that an increasing number of Israelis are becoming more open to a ceasefire as part of growing concerns over not only the loss of innocent lives in Gaza but also over Netanyahu's strategies which do not seem to be working in terms of getting the hostages back, but Netanyahu himself is still refusing to consider it. Sadly, nothing will happen until both Hamas and Netanyahu change their minds although the pressure on Netanyahu on the home front is now mounting. If-or when-Israel agrees to a ceasefire maybe Hamas will follow suite but it is, rightly or wrongly, down to Israel to take the lead on this I think.

From what I've read of Anderson, I'm with 68 on this and think the bloke is a k nob. That said, I'm sure he will appeal to those on the right of the Tory party and to those moving their support to Reform. And yes, this division will play its part in any Labour victory although the over-riding reason for this will surely be down to tactical voting driven by the sheer disillusionment of the majority of the voting population with the Conservative party.

Don’t disagree to anything you have put there Omeg but my point is why are the U.K. snd USA getting involved again in Middle Eastern politics after Afghanistan? Surely the rich Arab neighbours should be desperate to help their same religious brothers! Sad more care about Gaza ( as sad as it is ) than the destruction and murder of innocent Ukrainians which is on our doorstep!

Tory minister Mike Freer summed it up with this statement.

"And as a gay man, when I see 'Queers for Palestine', I say, on what planet? If you want to be a gay man in Gaza. I'll pay your air fare. Let's see how long you last marching for gay rights down in Gaza."

Other Arab states are onside with the destruction of Hamas (with the odd outrage statement) as Sunni Muslim's see Iran (****e) as the greatest danger in the region. Hezbollah is another danger that has already destablized Lebanon as an independent country.
    Iran, Russia, China are alligned.
    Israel was on the verge of signing a peace deal with Israel last September. That would have led to over land pipe carrying oil and gas to Europe to the port of Haifa, which is a very deep water port ideal for shipping oil tankers.
    Russia stood to lose a big market never to get back. Funny how Hamas launched the massacer on Putin's birthday and within days all these extreme groups were meeting in Moscow for next stage.
    Frontlines are moving and war gets closer. Hope ye are all still fit and training. Could be getting call up papers soon at a town near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Tory minister Mike Freer summed it up with this statement.

"And as a gay man, when I see 'Queers for Palestine', I say, on what planet? If you want to be a gay man in Gaza. I'll pay your air fare. Let's see how long you last marching for gay rights down in Gaza."

Other Arab states are onside with the destruction of Hamas (with the odd outrage statement) as Sunni Muslim's see Iran (****e) as the greatest danger in the region. Hezbollah is another danger that has already destablized Lebanon as an independent country.
    Iran, Russia, China are alligned.
    Israel was on the verge of signing a peace deal with Israel last September. That would have led to over land pipe carrying oil and gas to Europe to the port of Haifa, which is a very deep water port ideal for shipping oil tankers.
    Russia stood to lose a big market never to get back. Funny how Hamas launched the massacer on Putin's birthday and within days all these extreme groups were meeting in Moscow for next stage.
    Frontlines are moving and war gets closer. Hope ye are all still fit and training. Could be getting call up papers soon at a town near you.

Yes but why are these Arab states not dropping food etc and it’s down to the Americans? Surely they are all brothers as they like to use this term!

Don’t get why gays and lesbians go on the Palestinian marches. They should thank the Lord they live in the U.K. otherwise they would be imprisoned in some of the Arab countries!

We should not get involved and hate Trump but likewise he’s not wrong when he says the US shouldn’t be helping out any other country unless they pay their way! Would you invite all your mates out for drinks and dinner without expecting them to pay their way? No!

Lee Anderson I have a lot of time for tells it as it is which dosen't go down well as for the demo's about Gaza what's the point Hamas turned down a ceasefire and we have no say anyway.Ulterior motives at play imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)