+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Crawley manager using Maynard's words after the Wimbledon game (we struggle to defend balls in the box) as a tool against Notts.

Anyone got Maddogs numbers?

In an ideal world I would leave it until the end of the season but we can't just keep losing. The owners need to be thinking about who they want as their next manager now and if that takes them a couple of weeks and in the meantime we win a couple of matches then win win for everyone. I want what's best for Notts County Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    In an ideal world I would leave it until the end of the season but we can't just keep losing. The owners need to be thinking about who they want as their next manager now and if that takes them a couple of weeks and in the meantime we win a couple of matches then win win for everyone. I want what's best for Notts County Football Club.
    Totally agree and so further p***ing off the squad and supporters by leaving a lame duck coach in place serves no useful purpose - we need a clean break from the SM mistake now as it will make the next phase so much easier.

Well who would have predicted the euphoria of the play off final to the current nightmare.

The recruitment process, current head coach/ management team and th.e owners are ALL culpable and out of their depth.

The inability to address our problems defending bodes ill for 2024/5.

Against all this, the recent purchase of Latta beggars belief.

The turnaround at FGR, inspired by Cotterell shows that solutions are out there. We need to kick start ours as soon as possible

Leadership from our owners please

Even if he's to remain in post, a statement would be good outlining why we aren't even in the running for the playoffs never mind autos when that was the aim in January would be good

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Money might also be a factor.
    Logically, a part time non-league manager would accept a lower wage package than one with experience in the EFL.
    The money in compensation for Luke who was contracted to us to the end of 26/27 season should surely cover paying Maynard and his assistants of surely.

Me me it's he has to go, why prolong the inevitable?? Maybe the brothers are waiting for the magical 10 games to kick in on Saturday but it's plain to see he's not going to cut it at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Piebald View Post
    Well who would have predicted the euphoria of the play off final to the current nightmare.

The recruitment process, current head coach/ management team and th.e owners are ALL culpable and out of their depth.

The inability to address our problems defending bodes ill for 2024/5.

Against all this, the recent purchase of Latta beggars belief.

The turnaround at FGR, inspired by Cotterell shows that solutions are out there. We need to kick start ours as soon as possible

Leadership from our owners please
    Cotterill at FGR, Adkins at Tranmere. There are old-school managers out there who can come in and make a difference. But how does that fit in with our current 'philosophy' and setup? I love that the head coach approach provides continuation and consistency, but if it's not working, what then?

I'd love to see us be ambitious and approach an up-and-coming manager like Pete Wild. His teams are everything we aren't - organised, hard-working, hard to beat. I'd be genuinely optimistic about next season with an appointment like that. But I fear our setup only allows for relatively unknown but 'talented' coaches who are happy to fit the mould and work within the existing structure.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 13-03-2024 at 03:45 PM.

One advantage of getting rid now is that the new guy will have, realistically, 8 or 9 games which will be more than enough to decide if he can turn it around and if not we can roll the dice again in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    One advantage of getting rid now is that the new guy will have, realistically, 8 or 9 games which will be more than enough to decide if he can turn it around and if not we can roll the dice again in the summer.
    Appointing another head coach now and replacing him in the summer would be utter madness and a sign that the owners have completely lost the plot.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast