+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hands up i got it wrong we are in trouble

I think the big problem is that players that have been performing brilliantly are suddenly struggling or not pulling their weight. The whole squad doesn't just become crap overnight, so it has to suggest that the change in coach is to blame. I know that we were already weakened due to some key injuries, as well as some weak areas (defence!) to begin with, but even areas that we weren't struggling in before are suddenly ineffective.
    It was a brave appointment, and if it worked would have been seen as a great plan, but it just isn't working. There may be a good coach in there somewhere, but I don't think this is the squad or the situation to show that. It's been long enough and there's no sign of any change coming, so I think it's time to change, even if it's just a temporary appointment to the end of the season, just to steady things. Or if Maynard is to stay, then at least have someone experienced overseeing things on the coaching side until the end of the season, to see if that can improve things and turn it around.

It seems that in the early games under Maynard the players were playing to a system , with instructions they were familiar with and a continuation of Williams ball . Maynard stated that only minor tweaks were needed to stop conceding silly goals.
    This was probably true given the performances against Barrow , Mansfield , Wrexham and the win at Newport. Those games might well have accrued 8 points with decisions favourable , rather than against Notts.
    Since then , the three stooges have been tinkering , unnecessarily , with formations , playing players out of their best positions and the consequences are very obvious. An utter shambles, confusion and loss of confidence.

The touchline trio seem passionless , hiding in their shells and unlike opposing managers don't get at the fourth official when decisions go against the team.
    Throughout their tenure, their use of substitutions has been very poor , with Saturday v Dons & last night at Crawley being beyond belief.
    Behind 1-0 on Saturday on 80 mins , 6 minutes followed warming up and our only striker in the bench gets on at 90 mins when the defecit has doubled.
    Taking off both JJ & DC last night was unbelievable removing any creative attacking threat.

A clip of Maynard and Co in the Wealdstone dug out coincided with a free kick goal for the Stones. Ironically , one of the coaching staff remarked
    " that's the first one I can remember for two years !"

Sorry they have to go, sooner rather than later, their tactical input is just not good enough at this level !!
    With regards to getting the desirable six points from the remaining games , I honestly struggle to see Notts getting any at all.

Salford are a different proposition under Robinson, Harrogate will park the bus as they did at Wrexham and Cotterill will undoubtedly beat us at FGR.
    The only slight hopes are at Bradford City , Swindon and Colchester at home but they'll be fighting to stay up.

Sorry to be so pessimistic and I hope to see a fruitful afternoon at Accrington but like the players I've lost a lot of confidence and pride in our performances.

Might be best in the long run if we get tanked on Saturday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12