+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

Blades not messing about on Portakabin front...
    BBC News - Sheffield United secures site for new training centre
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-68516586

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Positives are we know where we stand and he has come out and said his piece. The negatives are mostly covered in the opening post, I am not sure what the impact is of us not having good pitches to train on all year round is on the fitness of players and the injuries incurred and recovery of those injuries, gut feel tells me it has to be detrimental, but I am not a sports scientist. I do think the team need access to good quality artificial pitches and not having this seems to be negligent to say the least. I don’t understand why the club don’t do a deal with a local facility like Hallam to have all year round access to artificial pitches, for christs sake you can hire it for £130 / hour, so I am sure a annual deal could be done. Also TS has been abroad with the team and seen the facilities that we use in pre-season how can a person see roundwood and think it compares? I don’t think he genuinely thinks it is good enough, I just think he has decided not to spend more money than he has to in this area, he wants a short-term success in the centenary year and then he is off, so he is cutting the cloth appropriately.
    BBC News - Sheffield United secures site for new training centre
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-68516586

Quote Originally Posted by simplebrin View Post
    I'm sure if someone email these guys at the Advertiser they will either ask the club the question or let you know if they have already asked them anything about the Bawtry Road site.

Sport Reporter
    David Beddows
    Phone: 01709 480781
    E-mail: david.beddows@nationalworld.com
    Twitter: @rothtisersport
    Rotherham United Reporter
    Paul Davis
    Phone: 01709 480781
    E-mail: paul.davis@nationalworld.com
    Twitter: @paulm_davis
    They are journalists.
    They shouldn't need us to ask them to ask the club such basic questions.
    They are probably scared of being banned if they stir things up so feel more comfortable just reporting what TS without challenging him.
    Pretty poor really.

SUFC have realised they must invest in a new training ground and that's what they're doing.The fact is that their present training ground is far far better than ours.The club must invest in a new complex NOW, otherwise we will attract no one any good to come.In the meantime we need to rent a nearby training ground.We cannot continue with a dilapidated training ground that the last four successive managers have condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    SUFC have realised they must invest in a new training ground and that's what they're doing.The fact is that their present training ground is far far better than ours.The club must invest in a new complex NOW, otherwise we will attract no one any good to come.In the meantime we need to rent a nearby training ground.We cannot continue with a dilapidated training ground that the last four successive managers have condemned.
    But are the existing facilities good enough for a league 1 club?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But are the existing facilities good enough for a league 1 club?
    I don't know about over there but here most high schools probably have better training facilities than RUFC

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I don't know about over there but here most high schools probably have better training facilities than RUFC
    Agreed. Thing is Tony is looking to bow out so no way is he going to invest a further 2 Million + to get to the standards most envisage on here and who can blame him but Tony, please find a buyer soon. We treasure what you've done but please leave us with a solid foundation with someone who has more foresight.

Apologies if already mentioned but aren't Willie Mckay and his son (Doncaster City owners) building state of the art football training facilities at Bawtry ? Can't we tie in with them until the new owner (rumoured to be in advanced talks with TS) gets our own built ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Apologies if already mentioned but aren't Willie Mckay and his son (Doncaster City owners) building state of the art football training facilities at Bawtry ? Can't we tie in with them until the new owner (rumoured to be in advanced talks with TS) gets our own built ?
    No. Mild revamp of the site and changes to building use.

I very much know those on the council involved with this app.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    What's this about a prospective new owner "rumoured to be in advanced talks with TS?"
    Have I missed something?

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast