+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Avaliable managers

Quote Originally Posted by grundy View Post
    I just don't see the point in talking about available mangers.L.R. will be given the chance to show what he is made of when he has his own players playing for him. I really don't believe the best manager on the planet could have turned this season around when L.R. came in.

Ok there has been some awful performances,but look at the quality he has had available,the ongoing problem with the training facilities,injuries and players not giving there best imo..I think L.R. looks a strong character and has belief in his own ability(regularly quotes his past achievements).Let's judge him when he gets rid of the old and sick notes.I expect him to get the age of the squad down,add pace to the team and creativity but his lack of a decent striker might be his undoing unless he can move two at least on of Hugill.Eaves and Kayode.
    👏 a very reasonable sensible post , oh and welcome onboard.

Agree with Grundy
    Got to give LR his chance.
    That's why he was given the length of contract he has got to be able to turn it around.
    The rot appears to have set in well before he arrived which he is not responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy View Post
    I just don't see the point in talking about available mangers.L.R. will be given the chance to show what he is made of when he has his own players playing for him. I really don't believe the best manager on the planet could have turned this season around when L.R. came in.

Ok there has been some awful performances,but look at the quality he has had available,the ongoing problem with the training facilities,injuries and players not giving there best imo..I think L.R. looks a strong character and has belief in his own ability(regularly quotes his past achievements).Let's judge him when he gets rid of the old and sick notes.I expect him to get the age of the squad down,add pace to the team and creativity but his lack of a decent striker might be his undoing unless he can move two at least on of Hugill.Eaves and Kayode.
    Very well put. I’m not in 100% agreement with you about LR he’s got to take some responsibility which he’s failed to do. I’m not at all convinced that he’s as good as he thinks he is or some think he will be.
    I agree though that it would be difficult for any manager to get these idle waste of space getting positive results.
    Agree about the age of the squad.

All of this does pose a serious question. A quandary if you will.
    Has LR handled the whole situation in the best manner?
    What was the remit when he came in? It’s hinted at that the money was gone so they agreed to target the summer. Perhaps it was.
    But against that was reports LR missed out on the wigan player that went to the Posh.
    So, we won’t really know.

But, here’s the rub. If concerns do prove to be with foundation and those that should know don’t act, then the wait and see aspect would see us in a position which is hard to rectify.
    We can guess, use our experience, speculate, or even use decades of supporter gut feeling (which counts for a lot) based on what has happened in 18 months and judge. And most of the time not be far wrong.

Tricky times ahead.

Richardson he's lost players. Got to go.

One of his post match comments was intimating that the players aren’t fit and can’t run. Next season will be different
    He’s been here nearly 4 months so why didn’t he sort that out some time ago
    We don’t need dry training pitches to achieve the required levels of fitness. Practicing skills and ball control then fair enough but fitness levels is Basic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Richardson he's lost players. Got to go.
    He”s never had some of them to lose them..the players know they are going,I”d go as far as saying none bar a couple if they stay will be in the starting line up for first game of next season.and that’s with VJ and cam being sold.

If ppl think getting LR is a magic bullet you're very short sighted.

We have a DofF in place that was promoted on the back of massive failure.

And I will say failure because Tony's own remit is "value for money"

We HAVE NOT got value for money neither in transfer fees paid and wages in relation to the talent we've bought.

Bouncing you and down has meant short termism with how you build a squad with those on the fringes and youth pushing the first 15 players.

We've panic bought and loaned across the board and signed too many players past their peak and not on the uprise towards it.

The training ground where our players spend 90% of their working week is a joke for a lower L2 club never mind a solid L1 sized club.

Our external reputation is going before us. Managers don't want to come and work under the conditions the club set and players don't want to work in the environment the board have allowed to happen.

Only when we sort this out can a manager really have what he needs to operate the playing side properly.

I personally think LR is too negative but I can only base that on a group of disinterested players with zero idea how to attack and the worst set of strikers we've had in decades.

NYS will be empty next season the damage being done right now will take years to reverse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123