+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Farke press conference

I think Farke's an excellent coach. Just like I thought MB was.

However, it's the lack of competition for jobs, just like MB, that depresses me. I understand that we are on the training pitch and don't see all of the interactions but it was long obvious to even a casual observer of Leeds that our squad was dragging post international break. I just can't understand why Joseph, Anthony, Joffy, Cresswell or even some of the youth team players couldn't get a run. subbing in 15 minutes is no way to really determine what they can do.

The other thing is that the training pitch doesn't measure heart, drive or even game ability. Sometimes you have to think a little out of the box. Think what it would have meant to cresswell to get a run on one of those home games. Ampudu, Gray and Gruev looked spent. why not give someone else a run?

Of course, the safe play is to just grind up the top 11 until they have nothing left in the tank. That's where we are at and we are heading into the playoffs where some teams (sotown) have some well rested starters. MB practiced the same method of man management.

My take on Farke ?

I think he's done well when it comes to dressing-room dynamics, particularly in cases were there are mitigating circumstances such as players with niggling injuries or illness.

Sure there will be a few that feel hard done by too & their individul behaviour could potentially create others to be resentful which to be fair Farke has handled well behind the scenes, imo.

Often clubs incoming Coaches have to suss out the dressing-room cliques & why they form, also what damage they can do if not handled firmly thus avoiding the sort of situation that Man U find themselves in at the moment.

Naturally players will gravitate towards others with similar characteristics whether that be age, family or interests outside of the game.
    At Leeds i hear relationships are not just formed along cultural & language lines which is often the common theme within many of the "cosmopolitan" world of elite footballers at clubs, a proper in it altogether family atmosphere generates around the club - which again can be attributed to Farke methods of man-management.

As i've previously said - happy to still be in the hunt & also knowing that this seasons hobbled together squad is still quite young, the basis is on target but obviously if we clinch promotion then its gonna be a rebuild job for sure of which the 49'ers must not fudge !

Too easy to spin in another Coach, happens every season at my local club Nantes & they're still a mid table Ligue1 team surviving on selling squads talent & buying up all over again every season - not a role model i'd want to see at Leeds, for sure.

Fully understand folks concerns but Farke to me appears to be doing well considering.👏

Being " Self Critical " as the man would say, having teeth extracted without anesthetic more enjoyable.

Some say we have the best squad, personally I would say Leicester have by far the better and stronger squad, Ipswich have a smaller squad and have been fortunate with injuries, but I would say man for man have a better team than us, hence those two are where they are and begrudgingly the best two in the league, we were inconsistent against the lower teams, embarrassingly so, had within our grasp several times to actually go on and win it, let alone get second, but in the usual Leeds way blew it time and time again, I don’t think we will win the play offs either, yes farke should have used Joseph, cresswell etc far more than he has but overall I feel he’s done a fair job and I’m fairly happy for him to continue and hope he gets us up next season.

Forgot to mention that I do think that Farke should stay regardless of the outcome of the playoffs.

90 pts yep disastrous especially when arriving to a chaotic situ where he couldn’t sign players… give yer heads a wobble

My heads been wobbling a lot this last month, when I realise how we could have had promotion sewn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    My heads been wobbling a lot this last month, when I realise how we could have had promotion sewn up.
    But you weren’t contemplating promotion when he came in

If we win tommorrow would our point total be the most ever for not getting auto promotion?

And in the usual Leeds way, we will probably win today....just so everyone's hopes and expectations going into the playoffs are sky high again! 😁 Brace yourselves just in case...😉

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)