+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Same old, same olld.

Same old, same olld.

Good start but fail to convert half chances then loose passes and embarassing defending lead to 3 easy goals for the opposition.Odabert and Foster are a complete waste of space.Odabert never even ran with the player who made the crossfield pass for the third goal.WTF we saw in Foster I will never understand.Cannot hold the ball,cannot shoot,cannot pass.

Game over,we are absolute schite ..Roll on the Championship. 🫣

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Game over,we are absolute schite ..Roll on the Championship. 🫣
    Total garbage.We have 2 PL standard players in the whole squad-Muric and Berge.The rest are Championship material.Forest have won at Sheffield so Championship here we come.
    This was the game that the players needed to turn up and most have them failed.

So we are now off to Tottenham next week in a game we must win to have any chance of survival, along with Forest losing.

Irrespective of what Forest do I can't see this team managing to get anything at Tottenham. I do not understand how after the first half debacle that Taylor was not on at the start of the second half, and also Gudmunsen on in place of Brownhill. It appears to be that Berge and Brownhill cannot play in the same midfield alongside Cullen. If we need someone to cover at centre back then start with three at the back and leave Berge to play more forward, which I theink is is best position.

This was the game where we needed to stand up and be counted, we had home advantage but we collapsed like a house of cards, a totally embarrassing result. Sadly this team is not fit for the prem, let's hope it's fit for the Championship. It spoilt my day with Sir Outwood (probably spoilt his too).

Newcastle were amazing going forward 1st half, O'Shea and E'Steve wondered what hit em. Our right back was our best player he was the only mon to have a shot on target 1st half. Midfield was dire as was Foster playing solo up top.
    We started the game like a house on fire, but we don't have the quality to convert the possession into goals, and that's were Kompany poor tactics and recruitment come into fruition. Kompany doesn't have the sense to realise that a Burnley budget doesn't do his type of football, and that's the difference between him and Dyche

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Newcastle were amazing going forward 1st half, O'Shea and E'Steve wondered what hit em. Our right back was our best player he was the only mon to have a shot on target 1st half. Midfield was dire as was Foster playing solo up top.
    We started the game like a house on fire, but we don't have the quality to convert the possession into goals, and that's were Kompany poor tactics and recruitment come into fruition. Kompany doesn't have the sense to realise that a Burnley budget doesn't do his type of football, and that's the difference between him and Dyche
    Totally agree BC.It only worked last year because we had a couple of very fine loan signings.Next season we will not thrive as everybody thinks in the Championship unless we sign a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Totally agree BC.It only worked last year because we had a couple of very fine loan signings.Next season we will not thrive as everybody thinks in the Championship unless we sign a striker.
    Come on CIB - to try and compare the fizzy pop
    League against the premiership isn’t doable

Firstly it’s slower ( much slower ) secondly you get more chances and time to finish them

I guess a lot depends on who stays or goes but if it was me I’d get the guy from Blackburn who’s out of contract I believe - someone was telling me today.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    This was the game where we needed to stand up and be counted, we had home advantage but we collapsed like a house of cards, a totally embarrassing result. Sadly this team is not fit for the prem, let's hope it's fit for the Championship. It spoilt my day with Sir Outwood (probably spoilt his too).
    I’ll ask him when he gets home kc if he’s speaking! A disastrous result that spells doom for us but you don’t get relegated by a single game. We just haven’t been good enough overall this season. VK and the board will need to take a long hard look this summer at the players they want to start our Championship campaign with. Otherwise a most enjoyable time in Huddersfield. Looking forward to organising a larger get together when the opportunity presents.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)