+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players not doing their jobs.

Players not doing their jobs.

We lost today because of the heading - the midfield simply don’t do the basics right.

Yes we’re inept at shots and don’t make early pressure count but our lack of discipline going towards our own goal is shocking - the opposition just walked onto free shots at goal and we just let them ( yes we all look like we’re running back doing our jobs but no one makes challenges or takes responsibility).

People running off the back of our midfield is a embarrassing-

Also and I hate to do this but if there were gold medals for ball watching Vitinho would be world class ( Taylor should have started - a proper full back ) they exploited Vitinho side because they knew he was weak at that and once we leaked the first it was all over.

I’m just back home and today I’m very disappointed in what was a not good enough performance imo - did we want to stay up

We played 4-5-1 and we still didn’t get control of the middle of the park - I’m surprised at the lack of communication on the field you can’t let players run off you or your team mates without sorting it out yourselves never mind the manager.

I will say though - we were robbed again it was a penalty and that could have changed the game

The championship beckons because of a lack lustre performance where it looked like we really didn’t care tbh.

Special shout out for Assignon who gave everything and was our best outlet - threat

He deserved better.

Well what can be said about the performance. Inept, poor passing, no takling and that is in five words. Throughout the whole season it has to be said that we have not changed our way of playing and the players simply do not have the ability to execute this style of play. The manager has to be questioned and asked why we could not play a defensive method that would have stopped many of the goals going in and maybe frustrated the opposition and nick a few points in that way. It is down to the manager to be pragmatic and recognize our weaknesses and change in order to pick up points.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well what can be said about the performance. Inept, poor passing, no takling and that is in five words. Throughout the whole season it has to be said that we have not changed our way of playing and the players simply do not have the ability to execute this style of play. The manager has to be questioned and asked why we could not play a defensive method that would have stopped many of the goals going in and maybe frustrated the opposition and nick a few points in that way. It is down to the manager to be pragmatic and recognize our weaknesses and change in order to pick up points.
    I kind of accept that Lancaster but there simply is no excuse for letting players walk onto free shots of the midfields backs - they could sort that for n field never mind VK and I can only imagine that VK didn’t sanction that anyway regardless of styles of play.

In fairness we actually changed today from our normal and it didn’t work - our shape structure and togetherness went and it cost us 3 goals.

If it wasn`t for Muric it would have been 7 or 8.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    If it wasn`t for Muric it would have been 7 or 8.
    Yep shot stopping decent - however he did try and give them a goal again

I would also say he kept kicking to foster against Dan Byrne - when after the first 20 mins blatantly obvious to me and 20000 others wasn’t going to work - conceding possession to Newcastle all the time isn’t a good recepie.

If we could take our chances none of us would be having any of these conversations- we played very good football for 20/25 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

I would also say he kept kicking to foster against Dan Byrne - when after the first 20 mins blatantly obvious to me and 20000 others wasn’t going to work - conceding possession to Newcastle all the time isn’t a good recepie.

If we could take our chances none of us would be having any of these conversations- we played very good football for 20/25 minutes
    I agree Army.We simply have nobody who can take our chances such as Callum Wilson.I still do not know why we signed Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

The trouble is, you need to play very good football for the whole game, not for 20/25 minutes

The players haven’t been doing their jobs since last August- who’s fault is that ?

Definite penalty denied again. How are you supposed to play when you get a good push in the back ? Everton also not given an obvious penalty at Luton not that it matters now. What are these refs frightened of ? How much of a knock does it take for a player running fast to be prevented from making his next move?
    Very disappointing performance, we are never short of players on defence when the goals go in but marking space seems to have priority. A striker who presents no threat in the air really limits our attacking options to accurate passing and well timed runs not our strong point, especially today. Worse things happen at sea I suppose!

We went at them like a bull at a gate for the 1st 20min, like we always do at home. Through out that spell we created little and had 2 shots on target from Assenion, who is a full back.

Once Newcastle got the better of us, they just strolled through our non exsistant midfield and dragged our centre backs, all over the shop.

They eased off 2nd half, if not it would have been 10. We were dreadful like we have been all season at home.

One of the most disappointing seasons this one, if not the most of my 53rd season as a season ticket holder.
    Our home form has been diabolical at best, and I have severe reservations if Kompany is the man to take us forward.

If Kompany gets this summers transfer window wrong like last, it could be curtains for us with the future looking bleak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)